Notices

hi

Old 09-11-2014, 04:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

hi

I'm really scared because I dont know how to stop drinking. I only drink in the evening but I drink so much so quick that you would think I have been drinking all day. My choice is dark liquor but often switch to vodka because of acid reflux and because I can drink dark liqour like water. I dont know why I drink at night and have no urge to do it any other time but its a routine. I drink at night, eat late, go to sleep, wake up, feel sick almost all day and swear I'm not going to drink, but then after 5pm pour another. I even convince myself that I will only have one or two drinks, but that is never the case. I dont want to go to rehab because of financial situation and children. I have three children, but put them and activities first. I dont drink unless i know i am home for the night and always make time for drinking even if its 9 or 10pm at night. I am hoping this website will inspire me to create a new life without alcohol.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome, I'm glad you found us and that you want to stop drinking.

It might be a good idea for you to plan an evening activity so that alcohol was not an option. Can you do something with your children in the evening? For me going out for long walks in the evening really helped me to break the habit.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hola and welcome. This site is great for info and support. Read around and post as much as you want. It has really made a difference for me. This is my first actual real try and I have been visiting this place constantly. I hope you stick around!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR anewlife4jen, you are in the right place to get support to stop drinking. I used to drink in exactly the same way as you, I stopped last year in March and my life has never been better. It can be the same for you.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Hopeful

I'm scared too. I'm at 23 hours right now and praying to make it through the evening without drinking. I just joined this group recently and I am determined to stay "hooked in" and be successful this time. So much of what you said resonates with me. I, too, have been drinking nightly-never during the day. I am a wine drinker and can drink 2 (sometimes more but then it gets really ugly) bottles in a night, easily. I don't want this life. I have a husband, children and grandchildren and I don't want to throw my life away by drinking more and more.
I WILL MAKE IT TO 24 HOURS AND KEEP GOING! YOU CAN, TOO! HANG IN THERE!
Old 09-11-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome Jen. I stumbled upon this website a little over a month ago. It's helped me stay sober. Just read and post whenever you want. There's lots of help and encouragement here.
Old 09-11-2014, 04:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR! I too drank heavily in the evening late night hours and felt like absolute hell the next day because of it.

My drinking became progressively worse..I began drinking in the morning...drinking in the office...it's lead me to rehab twice...and almost cost me my employment and GF.

It's the right time for me to get off the runaway train before it ruins me. SR helps keep me sober...for me it's a wonderful tool.

Read/ask questions...don't be afraid..I haven't found any members who bite