Notices

First time here looking for advise

Old 09-12-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Wastinglife View Post
I think first and foremost you need to address your alcohol problem. One DUI can be seen as a lapse in judgement, a stupid mistake that doesn't necessarily indicate a drinking problem. Two DUI's however make it hard to convince anyone that you don't have a problem with alcohol.
I definitely have been addressing my alcohol problem. It has been tough lately but staying sober is making feel better. I understand that one is a lapse in judgement and the 2nd indicates a drinking problem that's why I came to this site. For help/advice
Old 09-12-2014, 10:06 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Do your best

good luck and welcome thom
Old 09-12-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Good, a lawyer experienced in DUI is SO important.
You're really on a short leash now, a 3rd will almost certainly result in some pretty lengthy jail time. You might even google the Colorado DUI laws to see what the penalities are, just to keep you from doing it again.

Of course, if you decide to push alcohol from your life, you wont have to worry about that.

I was coming home from a high school basketball game that finished pretty late, and a sheriffs car turned his lights on behind me. I immediately freaked out, purely from habit. I was sober about a year. Then I realized, "Hey, I'm not drinking, no beer cans in my truck, I'm good to go."

Now THAT was a good feeling.