Notices

Can you hear it – Weekender Thread - Sept 12 -14

Old 09-12-2014, 08:40 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  

I didn't get back in time to edit last message - ticketmaster. the devil

I did get tickets to TSO - family members will want to go - matinee show, hopefully it ain't snowing or they won't come down.
I also took a chance and I found good seats for Tom Petty/Steve Winwood on Tuesday. Ticketmaster was "sold out" - I knew that but thought I would check. They linked me directly to the venue box office. I got sweet seats at cost just off the stage.
Even though back is killing me, I have yard work to do. Gotta get a lot done in next couple weeks. Plus next Saturday is opening day for bow season. Pain or not, I need me some doe burgers.
Happy Friday Everyone!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:09 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

Winwood

MISTER Hammond B3. And, Stratocaster...

Music Link

'Gimme Some Lovin' ~ Steve Winwood - The David Letterman Show

Looking over the Head of our Goldie as he watches Deer out our Master Bedroom French Door. We call them his 'Girlfriends'. He goes nuts and runs to the nearest Window when we use that term. On polished Concrete Floors, that's a pretty funny Event; right out of some Cartoon Sequence with 'Astro Jetson'.

----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
B & Deer_800.jpg (76.6 KB, 76 views)
Old 09-12-2014, 09:23 AM
  # 83 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend. Not much in tap for tonight. I had a root canal this morning (blech) so I'll be a baby and stay home tonight to nurse my sore mouth. Tomorrow going to a musical downtown.

That's about it. Looking forward to another sober weekend!
Old 09-12-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

I'm new. Working on day 5. I am terrified for my first weekend soooo i would like to hop on the bus. I don't quite know what to do with myself so any ideas will be appreciated and considered.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:12 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  

congrats on day 5 countrygirl. if you find yourself bored or can't figure out what to do or occupy yourself - LOG ON SR and post here on the weekender. Just read along with some of the fun stuff that people are doing. Maybe you'll be inspired to find something to do outside. Read, watch a movie, go for a walk. Anything but getting caught up in your brain. Try to stay active or actively engaged in something. You'll get plenty of ideas from the lovely folks here. Welcome aboard.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:26 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

Welcome newcomers - stay close to the thread, you'll get great support and ideas! My advice for you countrygirl (and others) is to do your best to keep things simple. Our inner alcoholic voices tend to tell us that we are "missing out" if we stay home, or that we are "doomed to a life of boredom" if we sit home with a bowl of popcorn instead of hitting the bars with friends. Don't listen. Staying home for the weekend is normal, and good for you at this stage. Come and join us, chat, and talk about life!

Big weekend here. Travel day tomorrow. GUA-IAH-ORD. I have a 7.30am shuttle to the airport tomorrow morning here in Guatemala, then planes and trains all day before finally arriving at my old apartment in Chicago at around 9pm. I am traveling back to the states for 2 weeks to finally clear every last thing out of my old apartment: selling off items like my couch, TVs, etc. Also switching off the cable, electric, gas, and tying up the loose ends. After that, I will move back down here full time. My "official" US mailing address will be in Florida, as will my new bank account, so I guess all ties to Chicago will finally be severed during the next 2 weeks. Wish me luck, I am looking forward to taking care of business and moving forward.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

That's a really big deal BigS! It sound amazing and hope its what you want and will make you happy. I love hearing about how things are going for you and the pictures. Keep em coming.

Also since you might have some triggers during the next two weeks as you clean house be sure to reach out if you need me or any of the weekender team!

Hey CountryGirl! Welcome. I think the welcome wagon said it best! stay close.
Old 09-12-2014, 10:47 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

good luck and safe travels bigS,

here's a couple rolling stones songs to kick off Friday afternoon:

and, not as good as the recording but:
Old 09-12-2014, 10:50 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

I'm definitely in!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 12:28 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

Sounds great BigS...good luck with that!

"I'm afraid of everything. I've been reading psychology books to try to figure out why. Logically, I know everything is fine. I know that I'm only twenty, and I have so many blessings and advantages. Yet I'm afraid I haven't accomplished enough yet. I'm afraid of the future. Afraid of getting older. Afraid of being alone. Afraid of having a child. And afraid of the dark. I'm really, really afraid of the dark."

^^^ this sums up how I feel, although I am 33 years old, not 20.

I have been busy for the past few days. Yesterday I had an aftercare meeting which was nice...it's good to sit and listen to other people who have been through what I have been through, and to realise that I am not the only one with problems. Today I had an hour long session with my addiction therapist. I told him that I am very busy looking for work and I have signed up for two different classes. He was happy to hear that, and we discussed the possibility of me moving out of my parents home and into a rented place.

For the next few weeks, I will be moving in with my Grandmother. I have a lot going on in town and it makes more sense, otherwise I will be driving in and out.

In a funny sort of way, my last 2 day relapse was a sort of blessing in disguise. I had gotten into a rut...albeit a comfortable sort of one...even though it felt like the end of the world at the time!!! And it forced me into taking a long hard look at myself. And I didn't like this routine I had fallen into. And it forced me to make some changes, which are just beginning.

I am taking an evening class two nights a week, this picture is my town at dusk.

I really feel that I am on the cusp of something great, and my therapist agrees with me.

Love and hugs to all of you,
Tetra x
Attached Images
Old 09-12-2014, 12:30 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  

cool pic Tetra
Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 92 (permalink)  

Aw thank you

I was treated to dinner by dad tonight...had 6oz steak beef burger on multi-seed bap with lettuce, red onion, beef tomato and Wexford cheddar with a pot of relish and fries. For dessert (pictured)...my absolute favourite: banoffee pie! Exercise tomorrow for sure!!

On Sunday I am doing a charity walk to raise money for the local hospice, in memory of my uncle who passed away around this time last year, so I earned the dinner

That's what life is about right? Keeping busy and doing things for others
Attached Images
Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
Pain or not, I need me some doe burgers.
*sniff* my Spirit Animal

Old 09-12-2014, 12:58 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Originally Posted by Sinderos View Post
I'm definitely in!!!
Welcome Sinderos!!!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:01 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

I'm in for the weekend! Reflecting on two months sober today and my first week of work at the new job behind me. Feelin' good and looking forward to the weekend!
Old 09-12-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by DoubleFelix View Post
I'm in for the weekend! Reflecting on two months sober today and my first week of work at the new job behind me. Feelin' good and looking forward to the weekend!
Wow, I didn't realise it until you said it, but I had my last drink on 11th July!!! I am also looking forward to the weekend

Congratulations to both of us, and your new job
Old 09-12-2014, 02:01 PM
  # 97 (permalink)  

Love the pic, Tetra, your town looks beautiful! You are doing great, small steps turn into big ones - and if you look at where you were emotionally 2 months ago vs. today, I think it's easy to see you're in a much better spot. Keep doing what you are doing!
Old 09-12-2014, 02:15 PM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Haven't heard from the turtle all day. so I guess it's safe to share some music.

Old 09-12-2014, 02:23 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Sober here in my nice warm bed on at 10.25 on friday night! Feels great! Took kids bowling & for a meal after school,then come back & chilled in the garden with wood burner going when they settled down in bed... These things I probably wouldnt appreciate or sometimes even do had i'd been drinking or been hungover. Well & truly loved this evening & best of all the kids happy faces !it beats drinking anyday.hope you all have a fabulous weekend
Old 09-12-2014, 02:26 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  

also, everyone should have at least one Chieftains album in their collection. At least one.