Notices

Went one day telephone free, net free, and tv free

Old 09-11-2014, 07:28 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Went one day telephone free, net free, and tv free

I had a massive panic attack late Tuesday and was seeping into a bad place. So I took an entire day and went without all the things that might possibly be causing me stress. Looked into more job prospects and read a ton. I also played board games with the family in the evening to remind myself why I am sober.

One complete day off has restored me faith I can stay quit from alcohol and cigarettes and I can do this. Although, I really have to start working on coping methods, I wish I had the time to do rehab right now. I am going to AA, it helps to talk to other sober folks, but not doing the steps.

Here's to another day folks hope you are doing well
Old 09-11-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

The Steps will eventually sink in, whether or not you "do" them with a sponsor.

What's going on that has convinced you not to do them? I'm not judging here, I don't go to AA, but the Steps are just good common sense tried-and-true tools for life - I'm of the belief you can do them without a sponsor.

These forums can get to me if I spend too much time here. So does the internet in general. Same with TV. If I get that, "I HAVE TO" feeling about doing those things, or if I feel like I have to give my input - I know it's time to step away. I have to limit my time here or I start getting anxious, so I totally get where you're coming from on that. Any activity that becomes compulsive needs to be regulated, just like alcohol, drugs, gambling. Maybe you're starting to recognize how it makes you feel to be compulsive. That's huge.
Old 09-11-2014, 07:56 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Jeremy!!
Old 09-11-2014, 07:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi Jeremy hope your feeling better for it
Old 09-11-2014, 07:59 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

woot woot Fall is a great time of year to start that plan go outside and breath and smile and see the sun..