SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Woke up feeling like I have a hangover (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/344711-woke-up-feeling-like-i-have-hangover.html)

Thomasthetank 09-11-2014 04:58 AM

Woke up feeling like I have a hangover

What the hell?

I woke up today on my day off with a splitting headache, dehydrated and generally feeling like I downed a bottle of whiskey last night (I didn't).

I haven't drank but I am worn down with stress, maybe I'm ill I dunno, but this is crazy.

These aren't the rules body!

Dee74 09-11-2014 05:03 AM

I'm not a Doctor, but sometimes dehydration can feel an awful lot like a hangover.
Are you drinking enough water?

D

gratitude28 09-11-2014 05:03 AM

Well, one thing I can say about that is that during my ten years of sobriety I had that a few times. Once in a while it was from overindulging in something like garlic (seriously!) and other times just dehydration or also jet lag could do it for me. But what I never had those days was guilt and fear. Yes, I felt ******, but I knew it would pass and it wasn't because I was stupid.
Hope you feel better soon! Fluids and rest, my friend!!!
Beth

LBrain 09-11-2014 05:14 AM

ttt, in the first couple months I would get those same feelings/symptoms. They were inexplicable and it seemed exactly like a hangover. Do the best you can to take care of yourself. Get plenty of fluids and proper nutrition. You should be okay.

If it persists I would see a doctor.

Thomasthetank 09-11-2014 05:23 AM

I think it's a mix of dehydration and stress. I work at a gym part time (what I actually want to do) and we got a ton of new equipment and as I messed up my hand the other week I had to work one handed. I don't think I ate/drank enough water to make up for it as I pretty much collapsed on the bed when I got home.

Still, not missing this feeling!

I even checked my bin for cans to ensure I hadn't gone mad and imagined the last sober week.

trachemys 09-11-2014 05:27 AM

tank, that feeling comes and goes. It's pretty normal. We spent so much time feeling like crap that it takes a while to get used to how feeling normal feels, if that makes sense.

biminiblue 09-11-2014 05:47 AM

I get like that if I eat too many carbs late in the day sometimes. But, sometimes a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. Because ice cream :)

Jupiters 09-11-2014 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by biminiblue (Post 4892398)
I get like that if I eat too many carbs late in the day sometimes. But, sometimes a girl's gotta do what she's gotta do. Because ice cream :)

yup.
I have to really watch this on weekends....during the week I'm good...eat healthy but I get slack on weekends (who doesn't??!!)...there have been a few Mondays I woke up feeling like I just binged all weekend again. WAY too many carbs, sugar...I'm making a conscious effort to be on top of this knowing what it can do.
damn you Doritos and Nibs!!!!

Avice 09-11-2014 06:49 AM

Me too! This happened two days ago I think. It wasn't dehydration, because I drank half of Lake Superior the night before (you may have heard about that on the news). Who knows what happened? Anyway, it hasn't happened again. Withdrawal symptoms are weird.

KateL 09-11-2014 06:53 AM

Lack of sleep often makes me feel like I have a hangover the next day.x

Thomasthetank 09-11-2014 06:55 AM

I actually think I'm properly ill. Maybe my instinct of "crap! Hangover!" hasn't quite left me.

herradura 09-11-2014 06:59 AM

I love that you checked your bin to make sure you did not go off plan! I thought I was the only guy who ever did this! After a good hard sleep I often wake up feeling bad and immediately say to myself, "you have to stop drinking"!! I guess old habit die hard. Good luck.

Daretodream 09-11-2014 07:31 AM

I had that the morning after celebrating a few birthdays at my sister's two weeks ago. Cake and ice cream and then of course I was on frosting patrol, offering to finish off the frosting that others didn't want from their slices of cake. Oh well, better than drinking! :lmao