Notices

Question about withdrawal time

Old 09-10-2014, 01:37 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question about withdrawal time

Hi all. I have tried looking the answer up to this online but getting nowhere. Maybe someone here can help.

Basically, why am I only getting withdrawal symptoms at night? Why nothing in the day time?

My witching hour has been 7.30pm for as long as I remember (70-100 units a week) so I'm assuming this has something to do with it but can't see why?

Am I odd? Is this normal? Have looked online and can't find much. Anyone else have / had something similar?

Apologies if this is a stupid question!!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:51 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sounds like psychological withdrawal symptoms to me. I was a late-late night drinker (almost exclusively), and I never felt/noticed it early on until evening as well.

'This too shall pass', friend!
Old 09-10-2014, 01:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Everyone is different Elidir, some people have seemingly no withdrawals, some end up in the hospital and some seem to be in the middle.

I would say that if the symptoms are manageable, work on ways to get through them no matter when they come along. If you have health concerns, see a doctor no matter what time they occur.

There really is no "normal" when it comes to withdrawal, but they definitely do end eventually.
Old 09-10-2014, 01:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Well I had withdrawals from opiates that lasted about a week or so, and at night I couldn't sleep for the life of me, actually only recently has it gotten better. Last time I had a loratab was last Thursday, I'm rockin on almost a week. Just hang in there! Benadryl works wonders by the way.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:00 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

If you're concerned, you can always check with your dr.
Old 09-10-2014, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Is it withdrawal or cravings? my mind used to go crazy in the evenings due to drinking having being a habit, coupled with low blood sugar due to all the sugar in the alcohol I had been drinking being cut out of my diet!!

It'll differ for everyone, hang in there!!
Old 09-10-2014, 02:40 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

eveerybody is diffrent trip to the docs will help you
Old 09-10-2014, 02:57 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Please describe what you are experiencing. There were certain withdrawal symptoms I only experienced at night, particularly shaky nerves/muscle spasms/twitches, and of course, weird dreams. During the day I was doing something so there was no symptoms like this, but when I tried to relax at night these would hit me.

A benzo prescription helped me tremendously in the first week or 10 days. Just be 100% honest with your Dr. if you talk to him/her about this.
Old 09-10-2014, 03:14 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Apologies for vagueness. But it's both the expected cravings and the (seemingly mild so far) actual jitteriness / anxious feeling. Only getting it at night. In fact on night three right now and its very mild, certainly easier than yesterday.

Thanks for advice re the Doctors and will of course contact them if I get worried :-) At the moment, all seems fairly smooth though....was expecting night sweats and all sorts of horrors!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

It's hard to break a habit, of course it's going to be difficult in the evenings, I drank only in the evenings, so at 5pm it was an absolute nightmare for the first few months, like everything it's going to take time to develop new habits!!

Your body expects alcohol, and when it doesn't get it, rebellion takes place, try to do new activities, something different, something to take your mind off things!!

It'll take time, but you'll get there!!
Old 09-10-2014, 03:20 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Seeing a doctor is always preferable. My experience was also at night. Sweating, vivid nightmares, lucid dreaming, sleep paralyses, hypnic jerks while falling asleep. Third night things started to improve.

Be well and stay safe