Notices

Horrible night last night

Old 09-10-2014, 07:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Just move forward Mera...its a new day! Sending thoughts of strength your way - Be kind to yourself as you would a friend.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:04 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Thanks, I needed the laugh! Nope, I don't drink. I am quitting smoking too. I just finished my last cigarette and won't be buying anymore. I read someone's post that cited an article that said people quitting drinking have more success if they also quit smoking. So, I'll give that a try.

Gelato though, si per favore!
Whenever you need the jokester, I'm here.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:18 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by hopeful4 View Post
You must put your sobriety first. I am not a huge fan but in your case it may do the trick. Have you thought about taking antabuse? I say that because it is very clear you WANT to stop.

I have thought about that. I know it sounds crazy that I can't control myself just for myself but I AM having a hard time. Even TODAY, geez, I took the kids to get haircuts, I have a meeting at my son's school tonight but as we were driving back from the haircuts I thought to myself "I'll just pop in for a beer before the meeting at the school" LIKE WHAT??? After hating myself all morning long as soon as I get out of the house and onto something productive I have thoughts like that. I don't even like beer that much, I like wine! I didn't act on it, I immediately realized it was crazy, but it is so frustrating and makes me feel unsafe.

I do need to find some face to face support, it is abundantly clear. It is just proving to be very difficult where I am now. There is no smart recovery in Italy. Until I can find a meeting of anything, any system, any faith, any whatever I'll try out the online meetings. I found the AA book online today and started reading that. I would honestly sell my soul to the devil at this point. Oh wait.... that's what happens if I KEEP drinking. Gotta find the right formula to make this work. I have never wanted anything so much in my life.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:25 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

It's good you are going to do the online meetings, there is support there also. Yes, you need face to face support too. Don't isolate yourself. Be honest with those around you, support sometimes comes from the most unlikely of people.

Maybe you should start with a doctor and look into the antabuse and find out what type of community support is around you.

Good luck. Don't let this go on the backburner, it has to be #1 for you and your children.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:26 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Stop, or you look like me

Old 09-10-2014, 08:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey, don't be so hard on yourself. You fell off the wagon but you jumped straight back on and that is really important! You have come a long way from where you were so don't let this one day destroy so much of the positivity and strength you have rightfully earned. Yes it is a bump in the road but it's a small blip in your sober journey. Chin up :-)
Old 09-10-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You can absolutley do this! For some reason that first hump is more like admitting that you cant touch it and have a normal life. Once I admitted that I was able to finally quit. Until that point, I kept trying to control it, which is fruitless. The odd thing is that there are so many immediate benifits after the first week and they continue! Take freedom and live sober =) you will find mucho support here!
Old 09-10-2014, 10:16 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberComposer View Post
You can absolutley do this! For some reason that first hump is more like admitting that you cant touch it and have a normal life. Once I admitted that I was able to finally quit. Until that point, I kept trying to control it, which is fruitless. The odd thing is that there are so many immediate benifits after the first week and they continue! Take freedom and live sober =) you will find mucho support here!
This ^^, dear friend.

And then there's this:

" A.A. Thought for the Day - Jan. 6th

Keeping sober is the most important thing in my life. The most important decision I ever made was my decision to give up drinking. I am convinced that my whole life depends on not taking that first drink. Nothing in the world is as important to me as my own sobriety. Everything I have, my whole life, depends on that one thing. Can I afford ever to forget this, even for one minute?

Meditation for the Day

I will discipline myself. I will do this disciplining now. I will turn out all useless thoughts. I know that the goodness of my life is a necessary foundation for its usefulness. I will welcome this training, for without it, God cannot give me His power. I believe that this power is a mighty power when it is used in the right way.

Prayer for the Day

I pray that I may face and accept whatever discipline is necessary. I pray that I may be fit to receive God's power in my life.

Hazelden"

(Let it be a God or Higher Power of your own understanding)

Here for you as always. You can do this. We'll be here supporting you all the way, but the day-to-day work is on you.

Hugs, love, light & strength!!
Old 09-10-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

There's no point beating yourself up, what's that gonna achieve? the past is in the past!!

Also give yourself a break, the reason you had that glass of wine is because alcoholism is an addiction, that's how it works, we get a craving, the dopamine levels in our brain go through the roof, and unless there's something to put a spanner in the works, sheer willpower most times rather than not is no match and so we have that drink, we've all been there, and if it was easy places like SR and AA wouldn't exist!!

Soo pick yourself back up, go at things again and write a new chapter to your life, the new future for your kids with a Sober mum!!

You can do this!!