Notices

When Triggers are No Longer Triggers..

Old 09-10-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

When Triggers are No Longer Triggers..

Today I have reached 19 days!
This is the farthest I've gone for years. Obviously I'm not out of the woods yet.. nor will I ever truly be as this disease is life long.. and some may even say permanent. However I know this time around there were sure tell signs that things are different.
For instance, triggers. There are triggers that cause us to succumb to our disease whether it be hanging out with certain people, or stress, or disappointments in our daily lives. I have overcome several of these types of triggers in the past 19 days. Even triggers that I never thought about and in times it almost seems like the devil is playing with me, trying so hard to make me fail and I look at his face and laugh this time and say nope not this time you f**$$! You won't win! (sorry for bringing religion into this if it offends you)

Anyway I'm looking forward to 20 days tomorrow and I know I will make it through!

For those who are failing over and over again, do not lose hope. I have no idea how many times i've failed but at some point we can all overcome this.

If you're just starting to quit now and wondering what day 19 feels like, I can tell you the flowers look brighter, the sky looks bluer, and reality sets in. Yes there are tough realities to deal with but at least I feel real. Thank you.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on 19 days.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:40 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congrats on 19 days. You have the right attitude. Keep it up.

I don't think using the devil as a metaphor - I hope - would constitute bringing religion into a discussion. Unless people who believe in that sort of thing actually take it literally.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by HellJuice View Post

For those who are failing over and over again, do not lose hope. I have no idea how many times i've failed but at some point we can all overcome this.
Thanks for this, I needed to hear it today. Congratulations on 19 days, that is wonderful.
Old 09-10-2014, 04:49 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great post and congrats!!!!
Old 09-10-2014, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Meraviglioso View Post
Thanks for this, I needed to hear it today. Congratulations on 19 days, that is wonderful.

You're welcome. I don't want to sound cheesy or corny but I truly feel like I am so close to each and every one of you due to the common thread we all share. Only those who have fallen to this illness can truly understand how we feel and what we are going through. Stay strong my friend.
Old 09-10-2014, 06:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Do your best

19 days is blimming fantastic
Old 09-10-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

19 Days is fantastic!! Keep it going!!