Notices

Mad, pissed, whatever I give up

Old 09-09-2014, 06:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Mad, pissed, whatever I give up

The state of Nevada apparently thinks that I should drive again or operate heavy equipment. Yes, I am mad and off my rocker like always, However, I spend 30 minutes of my time with the bozo monosyllabic, recording of person to be told they need to investigate further!

I tell them, I am on medication, I can work, but can't drive or operate machinry it might be dangerous. They tell me a week to 3 weeks for a determination," they aren't sure".... I ask to speak to a supervisor, i get the runaround finally get forwarded to a number and then hung up on by the supervisor without talking to them.

Meanwhile, my family is suffering, why I wait for the red tape and bs, I am mad very mad. Medication no medication, sane not sane I am getting the run around from a system that is set to detct fraud not help people.

I am on damn zyprexa, its only and ever prescribed for psychosis, and these dum azz mothers want to tell me I am lying and hang up o me when I ask to speak to a supervisor, I hear their damn recording talking about fraud or lying..... The state can kiss it, I am going to find another job driving a truck and then they would arrest me for dui or something.

These dummy mofo's this is new in the last 30 minutes, I am mad, I did everything by the book and they think I am lying or msleading, what the hell, I quit, I can't do this anymore *** it all.

My family and I need help, I can' work a job, I ask for help I go sober and then I get denied or get redtaped to death. SO DAMN MAD. I quit!

Good day folks sorry for my rant, I am so upset right now.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't contain myself, I just want to drink go off the meds and get all crazy as hell, MAD MAD MAD, sorry you unstable friend Jeremy I am going to be ok getting bipolar and angry sorry
Old 09-09-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

J. your family aren't suffering.
You'll be eligible for benefits and your wife will be working. You guys will be ok.

I understand that this is hard to deal with and, yes, a little damaging to the ego, but you're alive you're well and getting better J - thats the best thing anyone could do for their family.

winding yourself up and getting upset like this is not doing anyone any good, least of all yourself.

Dealing with Government over the phone is never easy. Best thing I always find is to go down to the local office and sort it out face to face.

Be gentle with the guys down there tho - they're just average guys like you and me - they don't make the rules or roll out the red tape

D
Old 09-09-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you dee, I am getting all worked up, when I got the runaround and basically told I was lying I got very mad, I am still mad, later I will calm down but shocked and in a state of disbelief right now.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

You've got this TDG. You have made massive progress in the last few days and you can easily overcome this, it's merely a setback. It's fine and normal to be mad, but don't let someone else's shortcomings undo all the good you've already done. Like Dee said, remember the positives that happened for your wife, you will be working or getting assistance soon enough yourself. Breathe, take a walk....it will pass.
Old 09-09-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

That sucks TDG. Stay sober and you will figure this out. Talk it out with the wife this isn't all on you. I have seen that level of frustration from friends that have had to deal with SSI and workman's comp. Have a good vent and maybe a mini tantrum but don't give up.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:06 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

TDG, I'm in a similar boat with unemployment, in IL.

Today I had to appeal my determination of ineligible. I was discharged from my last job while in the hospital for my liver 4 months ago. I hadn't worked at this place long enough to get FMLA. I was on short-term disability until August, then got work clearence and applied for unemployment. But, because I didn't actively seek work before clearence, I was denied what I was owed, until today. I have doctor's notes, proof of seeking work through the month of august and now, my termination letter and reason, and hospital bills.

Please go after this with all you can. It seems that your reasons are more than valid. Don't give up....and don't go crazy.

Bunnez
Old 09-09-2014, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

TDG, I empathize with you in dealing with the govt. on the phone. Yesterday, I made a call to try to check on a file. After waiting on hold for awhile the recorded voice informed that "Calls are answered in the ordered received. You are call no. 54." I laughed and hung up. I got the message. They want you to come in. Off I go to their office tomorrow. Can't win.

Bureaucracies rule. Good luck with your case.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:57 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hang in there. I think they make it deliberately difficult, but it sounds like you have a good case.