Notices

Feeling Really Ashamed

Old 09-13-2014, 08:14 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Will198 View Post

I actually asked him to take the bottle of prosecco that was in the fridge in case i drank it, all the time knowing the whiskey was in my car. I actually told him about the prosecco as if I was this amazing changed man. How messed up is that! !

He left and I went straight to my car, got the whiskey and sat staring at it for about half an hour. I poured it down the sink and cried.

Anyway I'm now on day six and I won't drink tonight.
So after all that, you poured out a bottle of whiskey that you wanted BADLY to drink. Sounds like you ARE a changed man.
Old 09-14-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  

From what you have told us you appear to be very ill. And you are in danger of becoming even more ill. We have all felt shame as you have but it sounds like this has become a medical matter, possibly out of your control without medical help. Due to your violent episodes when drinking you are likely to get in trouble with the law. I don't know what detox facilities are available when incarcerated but if there is little medical supervision your life could be at risk. Thus it is vitally important that you seek professional help immediately. Perhaps you have done this already. This thread has become very long and I have not read through it all. I am happy to see that so many people have become concerned about you. Try to focus not on the "shame" but on the medical issues. Your body is probably in serious trouble and it's vitally important to do something about that. Good luck.
P.S. From reading some of the material in the latter part of this thread I see that you seem to be coping very well considering. If this is so, then perhaps my initial reaction was exaggerated. I do hope so! Congratulations on attempting to deal with this very challenging situation. Again, good luck!

W.