Notices

Rubbish day

Old 09-08-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Rubbish day

Having a really pants day today. I stood in the shower for half an hour but could not get clean. At least that's how I felt. Yucky and everything's a problem....oh well at least I'm sober. Eff this day!
Old 09-08-2014, 04:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job staying sober! Remember, even the worst day sober is better than the best day drunk.

Go easy on yourself, do something for you today.

Rooting for you buddy
Old 09-08-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

Frankie I think its safe to say your clean and sober

Your having a crappie day we all have them I went jogging this morning then I booked doc apt as my ear is blocked and its annoying the crap out of me

Got to ring at 2 pm to have it syringed (never had that done before)

What is your activities/hobbies ?
Old 09-08-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Well done on your sobriety
Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by LonelyShadow View Post
Good job staying sober! Remember, even the worst day sober is better than the best day drunk.

Go easy on yourself, do something for you today.

Rooting for you buddy
Well said....very true. Thanks Lonely.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
AA member

I hope your day improves as it goes along.If you get to your bed sober tonight,it will have been a good day,sometimes it's hard to see that.
Old 09-08-2014, 05:25 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Frankie I think its safe to say your clean and sober

Your having a crappie day we all have them I went jogging this morning then I booked doc apt as my ear is blocked and its annoying the crap out of me

Got to ring at 2 pm to have it syringed (never had that done before)

What is your activities/hobbies ?
Good question, I've no idea what I like anymore! I'm sooo tired all the time. I think my energy levels had improved (I quit drinking for about a month before recent relapse) although I complained of being tired I was far better off than I'm feeling today. I live a very boring life I guess. I have someone clean for a couple of hours a day because I'm too tired and mess depresses me. I do the rest of the cleaning and cook for everyone. I do school runs sometimes....my son is now a teenager so takes himself most days. I drive him to his club at the weekends. That in a nutshell is my life! I know I am fortunate not to have to work but I couldn't if I wanted too! I'm hoping my energy returns and this Fybromyalgia diagnosis is wrong. I'm thinking of signing up to a gym. I use to go years ago. It might be too much but even if I just walked on the treadmill for twenty it would be a start and it would get me out of this damn house!
Old 09-08-2014, 05:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

ftf, I had a whole week of those last month--seemingly out of nowhere. They passed...slowly. Very different than all the self-inflicted bad days as the result of constant BAC. Also I got to try other things to ease the slump and some worked. Linear instead of circular--I never have to relive those days again--you neither.
Old 09-08-2014, 02:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by heath480 View Post
I hope your day improves as it goes along.If you get to your bed sober tonight,it will have been a good day,sometimes it's hard to see that.
I'm laying in bed on my iPad and I just thought to myself, well I got through the day. I guess it was not as bad as all that after all, ;-)
Old 09-08-2014, 02:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by anattaboy View Post
ftf, I had a whole week of those last month--seemingly out of nowhere. They passed...slowly. Very different than all the self-inflicted bad days as the result of constant BAC. Also I got to try other things to ease the slump and some worked. Linear instead of circular--I never have to relive those days again--you neither.
Thanks anattaboy. Here's for a better tomorrow.
Old 09-08-2014, 03:07 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Onwards and upwards Franky!! Hang in there!!
Old 09-08-2014, 03:34 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Your energy should return after a while. Make sure you have a high quality diet, your body needs the nutrients to repair the cells damage.

Baby steps, one day at a time ;-)
Old 09-08-2014, 03:57 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thepatman View Post
Your energy should return after a while. Make sure you have a high quality diet, your body needs the nutrients to repair the cells damage.

Baby steps, one day at a time ;-)
Boy is that right. Diet and pedialyte helped me the most! I bought one litre of pedialyte a day for a good 10 days. I ate green leafy veggies and carrots and broccoli for a white. Dont eat too many friend foods! Good luck man.