Notices

Time to start and need help ASAP!

Old 09-07-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Time to start and need help ASAP!

So just wanted to say hi all!

I am a 26 year old female living in the Uk. I need help.

Though my addiction may not be as severe as others, it is affecting my life a lot and I want it to stop.

For the last five years I've been using cocaine at weekends. It started with a few lines and then in no time at all went up to a couple of grams.

I use cocaine because I have an extremely low tolerance to alcohol, it does not take much for things to start spinning with booze, I don't like the feeling of being drunk. I don't like the taste of much alcohol. What started as just using coke to take the edge off the booze has turned into an absolute must for any alcohol situation. I am finding that I am missing whole nights of sleep on a regular basis.

I need help. I cannot go for a drink without wanting coke, I become argumentative when my partner tells me not to buy it. I somehow feel the night will be **** without it. I spend hundreds each month and regularly stay up for 24+ hours on it. It affects me at work because I am so exhausted, I get sick constantly, I am irritable and moody. I hate myself for doing it. The worst part is after a night on it I cannot sleep for hours and hours. I get all sorts of anxious thoughts, I think of how I have let my parents down, how **** I'm going to feel at work, I often want to die just to get rid of the anxiety.

I have to change, I always seem to talk myself out of the bad effects when I want it, although I only use it at weekends it's affecting my life so greatly and I feel out of control with. I feel as soon as I have a drink there's this girl in my head telling me to make the call. I want a life free of cocaine.

Being the age that I am, I find it very hard to give up drink all together and would like a social life which is why this addiction has become worse. The nights are getting longer, the lines are getting bigger, the bill is getting higher, the anxiety is hitting harder. Please help what can I do?!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Glad you are here Chemx - You will find much support & understanding here. You are young & making a great decision for a happier healthier life....that is fabulous!
Old 09-07-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Do your best

You will have a much bigger social life doing a lot more SOBER I promise you (hello btw)

Getting sober isn't about age and you remind me of me before I got sober I was like I'm not going to have a social life I am 32 I WAS SO WRONG !!!

its up to you if you get sober it really is as simple as just refusing to drink and realising its not the way

I was a heavy vodka drinker Il be 14 months sober in 8 days

I've been clean from cocaine for over 3 years
Old 09-07-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sober date 5/1/13

Hi Chemx
Welcome to SR
Old 09-07-2014, 05:08 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

hi chemx
welcome
I can tell you from my experience, the anxiety that comes with cocaine will get worse very fast. I know mine did. I quit drugs cold turkey many years ago. I dated a dealer in my 20's and coke was always around. I was a late bloomer with it but then did it pretty hardcore for about 3 or 4 years. It got so bad, I needed to start doing lines BEFORE work. B/C I was so tired from being up, I needed that line to wake me up.
Please stop.
as a sidenote - a few people from those days have also cartilage eaten from the inside of their septums. I didn't, however, it took years before the inside of my nose didn't feel like it was raw. YEARS.
you can do this.
Old 09-07-2014, 05:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chemx View Post
So just wanted to say hi all!

I am a 26 year old female living in the Uk. I need help.

Though my addiction may not be as severe as others, it is affecting my life a lot and I want it to stop.

For the last five years I've been using cocaine at weekends. It started with a few lines and then in no time at all went up to a couple of grams.

I use cocaine because I have an extremely low tolerance to alcohol, it does not take much for things to start spinning with booze, I don't like the feeling of being drunk. I don't like the taste of much alcohol. What started as just using coke to take the edge off the booze has turned into an absolute must for any alcohol situation. I am finding that I am missing whole nights of sleep on a regular basis.

I need help. I cannot go for a drink without wanting coke, I become argumentative when my partner tells me not to buy it. I somehow feel the night will be **** without it. I spend hundreds each month and regularly stay up for 24+ hours on it. It affects me at work because I am so exhausted, I get sick constantly, I am irritable and moody. I hate myself for doing it. The worst part is after a night on it I cannot sleep for hours and hours. I get all sorts of anxious thoughts, I think of how I have let my parents down, how **** I'm going to feel at work, I often want to die just to get rid of the anxiety.

I have to change, I always seem to talk myself out of the bad effects when I want it, although I only use it at weekends it's affecting my life so greatly and I feel out of control with. I feel as soon as I have a drink there's this girl in my head telling me to make the call. I want a life free of cocaine.

Being the age that I am, I find it very hard to give up drink all together and would like a social life which is why this addiction has become worse. The nights are getting longer, the lines are getting bigger, the bill is getting higher, the anxiety is hitting harder. Please help what can I do?!
A friend of mine got into coke. i never really took to it. He was the same as you, drink = coke. i stopped seeing him as i was bored of always waiting for him to come back from the toilet when we went to the pub (as if i didn't know what he was up to). he ended up just seeing other people who did the same as him & loosing touch with others.

a year ago he had a massive black out & hit his head & was unable to walk for 6 months.

He is now tee total & picking his life up again.

get the help you need now instead of waiting until something badly goes wrong.

have you had any support?

NA might be useful.

http://ukna.org/

You made a great first step joining here.

Jason
Old 09-07-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Been there, done that!

My poison is alcohol and I thank god I never got into cocaine aswell..

I have a few friends who just can't drink without coke to the point where they would just disappear off on a night out to get some.

Your problem sounds severe to me, I would seek help now this stuff only gets worse never better. One of the reasons I stayed away from coke was because I could never trust what I was putting up my nose they cut it with all sorts of rubbish..

Good luck
Old 09-07-2014, 07:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

I hope that you choose to stop using the cocaine, and it sounds like you need to stay away from alcohol too. There are lots of social activities you can be involved in that don't revolve around alcohol or drugs. You will find lots of support here.
Old 09-07-2014, 08:19 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Chemx!!

You need to make a decision on which is more important, your health? or that social life you want to cling onto? as it doesn't seem to be doing you any favours, no one is going to put "sociable" at the top of the list of your qualities if this current path continues!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, for those times your mind is trying to talk you into it, that's important moving forward!!
Old 09-07-2014, 09:59 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Wow I am very overwhelmed by the response I have received. Alcohol is the catalyst as the thought of doing cocaine sober turns my stomach, it's just as soon as I have a drink I crave it and nothing will stop me getting it. Perhaps total sobriety would be a good idea? Does that mean I have to go to AA too?

Thanks to everyone
Old 09-07-2014, 10:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

you certainly need to abstain from alcohol and ases how you are.

join me / us . i'm 1 week into 100 days. god only knows i'll need a good team behind me to last that long .
Old 09-07-2014, 10:22 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Being the age that I am, I find it very hard to give up drink all together and would like a social life which is why this addiction has become worse.
I'm a little older than you, but I spent my whole twenties thinking that I was too young to give all this up. I'd give anything to not have thought that way. The time goes faster than you'd think.
Old 09-07-2014, 10:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Hi chemx. You have come to the right place, everyone is here for same the goal, a better life! You are not alone !
I would agree, if the booze is triggering your want for coke, then leave them both alone!
You can do it! I'm only 10 days free from booze, but feeling like a new person! It's worth it!

We are all here for you!
Old 09-07-2014, 10:28 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Wow I am very overwhelmed by the response I have received. Alcohol is the catalyst as the thought of doing cocaine sober turns my stomach, it's just as soon as I have a drink I crave it and nothing will stop me getting it. Perhaps total sobriety would be a good idea? Does that mean I have to go to AA too?

Thanks to everyone
No AA is one form of recovery there are others AVRT is one there is a section for other forms of recovery here is the link

Secular Connections - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information