Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

I am going to be positive till I " whistle zippity do dah out my ***" sober addiction

Notices

I am going to be positive till I " whistle zippity do dah out my ***" sober addiction

Old 09-06-2014, 01:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Stole a line from National Lampoons Vacation sorry! Its true I am going to be positive, live positive, think positive and be positive. I know many have faulted me for my overly happy or progressive and in some instances " pulpit post" but damn't that is where I live that is where I want to live and that is my new life. I am sorry if I offend, I know at times I can come across as arrogant and I am sorry, but sobriety is addicting to me.

Hell ya my life has challenges, damn I could cry for ages, I could tell you stories about the most horrible stuff. Forget all that, I got a family and friends both online and offline that are suffering from a horrible disease. Everyone needs a kind word, everyone needs some support, when I first signed on here KateL goodness bless her heart added me as her friend within 20 minutes, that meant so much to me. So here is my challenge add a newcomer as your friend and send them a PM today, you better believe it will mean the world to them. IF you are a newcomer add me or any old person that has been here for awhile and ask for help, I guarantee they will help.

I am not gambling, drinking, and haven't smoked in 4 days. I am bit grumpy and irritable, my wife came home last night drunk, I have an autistic daughter, I am running out of money and lots of my friends think I am a liar and an addict, I hear stuff without medication that doesn't exist and so forth those are my problems. GUESS WHAT, I am genuinely happy, I am solving problems and looking forward not living in my problems.

Yep, we all have problems, the drink, the drugs the what ever, but I challenge you to be positive, I challenge you to live in the solution. I am and I so grateful for it I really am singing zippity doo da out my azz.

No lie, identify the problems, identify the solution, if there is no apparent solution, ask for help, ask people to help you in recovery, don't think about the past, find a solution no matter what. Project what you want to be, and this crazy, gambling, alcoholic, overly happy, pulpit post, delivery guy guarantees you will feel better. Make connections on here, old timers my challenge stands, KateL is an example find 3 newcomers and ask them to be friends, they will love it, I did. Newcomers befriend the old timers too, they can help! Good Day friends, think it and you will be it, that is a paraphrase of a Walt Disney quote.

Last edited by Dee74; 09-06-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:27 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

TDG I've been doing that since I joined last month and it makes all the difference

Add a friend today/tonight !!!

Lovely post
Old 09-06-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Well done on 4 days! What are you doing each day to stay focused? Your posts always sound full of energy I'm just wondering what your plan B is in case something comes up from outta nowhere.
Old 09-06-2014, 04:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great post TDG!!
Old 09-06-2014, 04:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Well said, TDG!
Old 09-06-2014, 10:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
EndGame

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
I know many have faulted me for my overly happy or progressive and in some instances " pulpit post" but damn't that is where I live that is where I want to live and that is my new life. I am sorry if I offend, I know at times I can come across as arrogant and I am sorry, but sobriety is addicting to me.
Hi Jeremy.

Again, I have no desire to dampen your enthusiasm, and I appreciate the strides you've made and continue to make in your life.

I sometimes experience your comments as having a manic quality to them, which provokes images for me of your words being shot out of an automatic weapon. What you take as criticism and disdain may very well be concern for your well-being from me and others on SR. In fact, I've seen few comments, if any, that directly criticize you or what you write, so I do wonder where your conclusions about others here come from.

What's also worrying is that your comments are often framed as challenges for people to do things the way you seem to think they should be done, often actually describing them as "challenges." And narrating the day's events while referring to yourself in the third person, I think, is not simply an idiosyncratic writing style. As much as I'd prefer not to, I worry about you after reading some of your comments.

It's a beautiful thing that you're able to benefit from the considerable and usually sound support that you get from people here. But, on your other thread from Saturday about posting your daughter's videos on the Internet in which she is abused, as an example, you sometimes give me pause to wonder about your judgment.

I do hope you can take my comments as observations and not as criticisms.
Old 09-06-2014, 11:14 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Love this post One request though - when you whistle 'zippity doo dah', can you take a video? Just kidding, it's great to wake up to such a fantastic post!
Old 09-07-2014, 12:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hello TDG ,
For my mum a bit of bi-polar is thrown in with schizophrenia , this seems to happen for a lot of people with the latter problem . I don't know if thats what you've got ….

Her highs and dips are made worse if she drinks .
She had about 280 days sober and had some wine last monday and i think it's bought on a bit of a low .

Now you've chosen a course of sobriety i feel things will improve for you .

For me the gambling was exacerbated by the highs and lows of drink . It stopped a year or two after i stopped drinking . I learned i wanted a more secure and measured life . It was a hoot to win £20,000 in a day but it was a shame to loose at least £100,000 over the years .
I did what i did, I've learned (maybe the hard way) but i'm here stronger and wiser than i've ever been ( i hope ) keep on the right path ...

Bestwishes, m