Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Disappointed in myself–strong desire to change&willing to do whatever is necessary

Notices

Disappointed in myself–strong desire to change&willing to do whatever is necessary

Old 09-06-2014, 12:35 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks KDB - I really like the volunteer work idea. There is a group called NY Cares which seems like a pretty cool organization.

I also agree with changing my routine. I will need to establish new habits.
Old 09-06-2014, 12:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Days, weekends, years, decades, the decision to stop drinking starts with a single moment of absolute genius. You sir should know that your urges aren't going to kill you but alcohol might, no disappointment needed. No need to feel disappointed, you want to stop drinking or have, those are the qualities of a champ and you sir are a champ, you nick is a " new day" today is your new day.

I know you own the qualities of a new day, you are greater than your urges the problems you're having. You epitomize the being of a new being and you will own that, the weekend are a short period in a lifetime periods, weakness on the weekends owned me for such a long period.

The weekends owned me until I realized I have the control, I am my own master and I can own any damn moment I want. I can and will own how I feel, and for now I want to be positive so I project and focus on the positive. For now I want to be sober so I project and meditate and live the sober being, if you think it you really can be it. Don't ponder the weekends, ponder the here and now and be what you want to be. Good day my friend, you've helped me so much, I hope this helps you some, stay strong and don't be the " drunk" live the sober life my friend!
Old 09-06-2014, 01:04 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi NewDay, I'm so pleased you've turned a corner.

I know what you mean about weekends, I felt like it every night I got home from work, worse at weekends, I had to change my habits because everything triggered booze.

I think when you do it for you, firstly, your resolve is so much firmer, and the longer you stay sober the more you will want it.
Old 09-06-2014, 01:19 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone - I really appreciate all the encouragement. I am very grateful for this website.
Old 09-06-2014, 06:03 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
NewDay,
Wow, New York Cares looks like an amazing organization! It looks like from their website you can search any area of interest and then several opportunities for service come up. Very cool. I'm glad you're not wasting your time and talents anymore on booze.