Notices

The first temptation of me.....

Old 09-04-2014, 04:38 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Low

If he has been snoring like that for 4 years, and he is the one that can sleep anywhere like a baby, I would make the couch up very nice for him and say honey, I need you to please sleep on the couch, as I need to sleep. I think it's hard not to go into a kindof rage when your sleep deprived and in early sobriety, so maybe take action, avert the situation by finding a solution yourself, instead of becoming so frustrated because he isn't taking any action. And buy him one of the snore guard things...handle it yourself would be my suggestion.
Old 09-04-2014, 04:40 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

nope, its true.... but i can't remember the last time i had a good nights sleep. so its no sleep on an uncomfortable sofa but with no snoring next to me, or a warthog sound affect in my ear all night but a 18" memory foam mattress..... ah decisions, decisions. lol
Old 09-04-2014, 04:41 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Low View Post
If he has been snoring like that for 4 years, and he is the one that can sleep anywhere like a baby, I would make the couch up very nice for him and say honey, I need you to please sleep on the couch, as I need to sleep. I think it's hard not to go into a kindof rage when your sleep deprived and in early sobriety, so maybe take action, avert the situation by finding a solution yourself, instead of becoming so frustrated because he isn't taking any action. And buy him one of the snore guard things...handle it yourself would be my suggestion.
fantastic advice, noted xx
Old 09-04-2014, 04:42 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Low View Post
but the snoring is only a recent thing, but i'll do that
Old 09-04-2014, 04:44 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Pressure makes diamonds

Glad you posted instead of drinking. I have a simple solution to this complex problem- get rid of the boyfriend! I didn't hear one positive thing he brings to your life. of course you want to drink
Old 09-04-2014, 04:50 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Do your best

You didn't come here to talk about your bf or snoring

You mentioned you distracted yourself for 8 mins so your trying to stop have you been sober before

Or are you just trying to cut down

And let's keep it full 100 she ain't here cos of the bf
Old 09-04-2014, 04:53 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hope2014 View Post
Glad you posted instead of drinking. I have a simple solution to this complex problem- get rid of the boyfriend! I didn't hear one positive thing he brings to your life. of course you want to drink
indeed.... one problem at a time huh. apparently though I'm being unreasonable, so maybe ill see things differently when I've had some sleep
Old 09-04-2014, 04:55 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
You didn't come here to talk about your bf or snoring

You mentioned you distracted yourself for 8 mins so your trying to stop have you been sober before

Or are you just trying to cut down

And let's keep it full 100 she ain't here cos of the bf
what is a full 100?

i've never given up drinking before no, and this is full on quit, not cutting down.
i've tried cutting down doesn't work
Old 09-04-2014, 05:08 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by drunkinnumber2 View Post
what is a full 100?

i've never given up drinking before no, and this is full on quit, not cutting down.
i've tried cutting down doesn't work
Basically let's keep this full 100 is keep it about the issue ie drinking problem/alcoholism I think your bf is getting slaughtered for his snoring poor bloke don't even know and you didnt come here for that

You had me at this is full on quit .... I am pleased to meet you and if you ever need to chat rant lol or whatever we are all here

If your bf isn't supportive or understanding or things will be harder to solve with him around maybe ask for some support thru this or ask for some space so you can focus on your sobriety

Oh and nice to meet you I'm from London too
Old 09-04-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
Basically let's keep this full 100 is keep it about the issue ie drinking problem/alcoholism I think your bf is getting slaughtered for his snoring poor bloke don't even know and you didnt come here for that

You had me at this is full on quit .... I am pleased to meet you and if you ever need to chat rant lol or whatever we are all here

If your bf isn't supportive or understanding or things will be harder to solve with him around maybe ask for some support thru this or ask for some space so you can focus on your sobriety

Oh and nice to meet you I'm from London too
ah, a london boy i like it, where do you hail from?

To be honest, i think most people if you read seem to be on his side not mine!
i wasn't ranting about him rather giving the whole thing context.
I suppose I just feel like when i need to feel someone out there will go out there way to look after me when i'm feeling fragile, it never happens.
Its just one of those times when i'd find myself reaching for the sauce, drink is always there for me, well, was. ha. I guess i've just come out of withdrawal, i need my rest and i'm being touchy. I don't know I've not really slept in a few days. I'm starting to go cross eyed! ha
Old 09-04-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

right off to toss and turn till my alarm goes off... night all... thanks for listening x