Notices

Bopping along sober than WHAM - Resentments!!

Old 09-03-2014, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Bopping along sober than WHAM - Resentments!!

I posted this a bit ago in daily thread, but was hopeful to get some more view and immediate advice!!!!

Man, bopping along staying sober and trying to grow spiritually. Attending daily meetings - over 90 in less than 90 days and WHAM!! Get blindsided by something stupid that just proves how far I have yet to go......

I am in a pretty dynamic group at AA of some quality sobriety. A lot of diversity with one thing in common. I really love meetings and usually walk out uplifted and feeling great.

A couple days back, my sponsor suggested it was time for me to chair a meeting. I do not have a burning desire but was prompted, do love to engage people though. I signed up for next week. Sponsor is 22 years sober - great guy (today -----haaaaa).

Anyway, the gent running the meeting started by saying we need volunteers for sign up for October chairing. But, remember - you have to have six months in order to do this.

POP - I felt like I was personally attacked that perhaps he stated this cause he saw my name on the schedule, knowing I had less than 6 months time = fiefdom attack by him .....maybe??

Now, no one has ever stated that before. Today's chair is a guy who is a well know successful business man in town. Very dynamic - and IMO ego driven. He is in his early 50's been sober since he was 21. Mommy sent him to rehab and told him to shape up is the vibe I always got.....

If he wants to know WTF drinking was, he should have been around me for 35 + years.......He's a rookie.

Anyway, takes a lot for me to post this as I am an AA supporter ( please don't bash it ) and feel I am on a great path - through grace - to be at day 87. However, now I am pissed off = resentful and going to the dark place......F***.

I am really this friggin sensitive????? WOW>>>>>
Can't reach sponsor, but I don't want to stir up jazz in the group.......Guess just venting, it'll pass...

Thanks for ya'll - really helps a ton
Old 09-03-2014, 01:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Well, I think venting is good. Remembering sobriety is about you might also be good.

Who cares what other people think or say. Let you sponsor handle the guy that says it takes 6 months to chair a meeting.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:48 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

When I got Sober, I realised how much I dealt with life with alcohol, especially what I thought were people's opinions or resentments of me, whether at work, family members, social circle, or complete strangers.

There's always going to be critics in life, and somehow we need to deal with life without alcohol, find new ways of coping and getting through the inevitable ups and downs!!

For me walking and fresh air seem to do the trick, when I'm seriously ticked off at something I walk it out and clear my head!!
Old 09-03-2014, 02:05 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Thanks for the input.....man, I feel really selfish after reading this poor woman's plight.
Puts things back in perspective.......makes me feel ashamed.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...-my-house.html