Notices

So exhausted

Old 09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

So exhausted

Ughhh about 3 hours sleep last night, just drained, feel hungover ( no did not drink )

Anyways im sober so that gives me hope this feeling of being exhausted is still a whole lot better than being severely hungover!

Just expressing gang, have a great day everyone!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

This too shall pass Chilled. Have a great day too!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:26 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

hello chilled ,
i think sometimes soberists "get out of bed the wrong side" , they pass a lot quicker sober imho seemed to last weeks in the drinking days , ouch !

bestwishes, m
Old 09-03-2014, 12:35 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hope you're doing okay chilled. Another day down!!
Old 09-03-2014, 12:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

I've had only 5 h myself and I'm sober too

Your doing well
Old 09-03-2014, 01:29 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'll be 'that guy'

How's your recovery plan coming Chilled - what are you doing for it, mate?

D
Old 09-03-2014, 01:31 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
I'll be 'that guy'

How's your recovery plan coming Chilled - what are you doing for it, mate?

D
Im doing meditation, taking valerian root to help with my anxiety, phoning some helpline numbers today aswell. Oh and daily walking

Been taking everything VERY slowly tho, only day 5 and I don't wanna put too much on my shoulders if that makes sense.
Old 09-03-2014, 01:38 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

No need to overburden yourself but it's good you're taking care of yourself and doing some forward planning

D
Old 09-03-2014, 01:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
No need to overburden yourself but it's good you're taking care of yourself and doing some forward planning

D
I cant do it like last time on sheer willpower alone, alwaaaays ends up badly.

My confidence in sobriety is shakey, im just hoping that THIS time it works out
Old 09-03-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Build up a good support network and use it...for now, you can put your confidence into that Chilled

D
Old 09-03-2014, 02:59 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
Neither could those here; great place to build a support network and find something greater than willpower alone:

AA Meetings | Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Ltd
Old 09-03-2014, 04:16 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

So how long does this tired exhaustion last? a week? a month?
Old 09-03-2014, 04:21 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Think about Chilled - you've been burning the candle at both ewnds as a drinker for a long time right?

You can't expect to bounce back from that too quickly...give a couple of weeks at least.

Of course if this is really concerning you, see your Dr

D
Old 09-03-2014, 04:24 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

hang in there chilledice. it may last a while - month or two. but it gets better as the days add up. I think it's very important to interact with other sober people if you can.

Those feelings show up sometimes out of nowhere. But they go away just as quickly.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I remember my first month sober after years of drinking. I was pooped! Then again, i'd become accustomed to living a life run by either powering through hangovers, working though drunks and often just being passed out. Suddenly, i was living a life where i was awake all day and remembered all of it! I was doing...i dunno..things! I had more sober hours in that one month than i'd had for probably a year. Life is exhausting! I'm at 5 months again and i must say, i have more energy now than i've ever had. Strangely, i'm busier now than i've been in many years. I have a full time job, i go to meetings, i meet with my sponsor, i participate in group activities, i go out with my husband on the weekends....it's wild! I have found that all the energy i used to spend on drinking, scheming to drink, hiding and forcing myself to live some kind of life is not spread out into living in the present. I spent all my energy living in the past and the future. Whatever was left over was spent scrambling to save my ass and my face in the present. Now, i have been given the gift of living in the present. It's a lot of work but when my head hits the pillow at night, i sleep the sleep of a person mostly at peace with herself. I don't mull over what i didn't to today and what i have to do tomorrow. I pray to my HP and give thanks for a sober day. When i wake up, i ask for help throughout my day and i actually get it!

I guess what i'm trying to say is that there's a period of adjustment. When you find yourself with that renewed energy, just be sure to put it into living in the present. Find a way to be of service to your fellow man (or even critter!). I know that when i'm of service to even just one person during my day, my energy is renewed and i end the day with a happy exhaustion.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:32 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I can so relate, I sleep better last night but still feel like Ive been run over by a dump truck.

Hang in there!
Old 09-03-2014, 04:39 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My confidence in sobriety is shakey, im just hoping that THIS time it works out
Don't hope this time works out, MAKE this time work out. Now that you are nearly through acute withdrawals ( good job by the way ), you have 100% say in what happens moving forward. You can either just wait and hope you don't drink again, or you can prepare yourself so you are ready when the cravings come....because they will.
Old 09-03-2014, 04:58 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ScottFromWI View Post
Don't hope this time works out, MAKE this time work out. Now that you are nearly through acute withdrawals ( good job by the way ), you have 100% say in what happens moving forward. You can either just wait and hope you don't drink again, or you can prepare yourself so you are ready when the cravings come....because they will.
The cravings have already come, thick and fast aswell! and I STILL in my messed up mind think I can drink in the future

Doing meditation to ease things, also checking this whole avrt thing out
Old 09-03-2014, 07:38 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

The cravings have already come, thick and fast aswell! and I STILL in my messed up mind think I can drink in the future

Doing meditation to ease things, also checking this whole avrt thing out
Thinking one can drink in future shows trouble in acceptance...and that's..well, our biggest hurdle. How bout you take the future right out of the equation right now?
How bout you focus on dealing with today? Stay out of the future completely. Stay sober today...that's enough to deal with in itself dontcha think? Commit to being present, staying present...dealing with each arriving moment and situation sober. That's how we put sobriety together. In reality, it's really the way we put life together.

I decided to return to AA because I knew I had far too much time on my hands where I used to be drinking. Not knowing or having anything to do when I was drinking..begot more drinking. Drinking WAS my leisure time.

You don't necessarily need AA to stop drinking Chill...but you do need to take a look at what's going to be hard for you in sobriety. For me I knew boredom and loneliness was going to give me trouble. How do I solve that? AA was my best answer. I wasn't read to join a hiking club or play volleyball. I needed somewhere to go. The "notion" of an AA tour gave me a purpose and a mission. I would go to a whole bunch and try to find one I liked. I hated a lot of them...but I got lucky with one.

I was sober for a couple weeks I think before I decided to go. I deliberated on it awhile. AA gave me more people..more sober connections. I needed that. Maybe you do ..maybe you don't. That's entirely up to you. Just thought I'd share my thoughts.
Old 09-03-2014, 07:45 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

I was tired and felt "hungover" some mornings, as if I'd been awake most of the night. That would come and go, it wasn't every morning. It went on for a few months but we are all different. Just be prepared in your first year to face some "blah" days, some downright crappy days... as well as some really good days The energy levels really do vary. And a lot of this is normal. Your body and mind are normalizing now, without the alcohol. After six months I felt great physically. And I even felt amazing early on. Again, it's going to vary for each of us, and depends on our past drinking habits too. Hang in there!

You can resolve to beat this. Do whatever it takes to NOT DRINK That's all there is to it. For some, that means daily meetings, AA... for others, reading books and SR... and there's AVRT and SMART. Find what clicks for you.