SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   I have corks in my light socket!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/343874-i-have-corks-my-light-socket.html)

birddog406 09-02-2014 07:29 PM

I have corks in my light socket!!

I changed a light bulb in my kitchen this evening and when I unscrewed the light bulb from the high hat a Prosecco cork fell out. The cork was stuck between the bulb and the side of the high hat. That must have been some night. I laughed, not a knee slapping belly laugh, just a "geez, what the heck is wrong with me" laugh. You know you have a problem when you have Prosecco corks falling out of your light sockets. I guess I am lucky that the cork did not catch fire from the heat of the light bulb.

Tonymblue 09-02-2014 07:43 PM

Springtime. Cleaning the grille and finding shooter bottles in it. Some empty some full. Man that would have been some jerk chicken. By jerk, i mean me.

NorMar 09-02-2014 08:09 PM

I swear a couple of years ago we were all hanging out at my buddies garage, watching/helping him work on his '57, and my dog was thirsty. I found a half full bottle of Ozarka water in his garage fridge and poured it for my dog. She took one whiff and wouldn't touch it. I knew she was thirsty, and didn't know what was up. I smelled it and realized it was Vodka. Nobody has admitted to ownership of the bottle to this day.

birddog406 09-02-2014 08:22 PM

Normar: Smart dog.

matt4x4 09-02-2014 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by birddog406 (Post 4875506)
I changed a light bulb in my kitchen this evening and when I unscrewed the light bulb from the high hat a Prosecco cork fell out. The cork was stuck between the bulb and the side of the high hat. That must have been some night. I laughed, not a knee slapping belly laugh, just a "geez, what the heck is wrong with me" laugh. You know you have a problem when you have Prosecco corks falling out of your light sockets. I guess I am lucky that the cork did not catch fire from the heat of the light bulb.

I have no clue whatsoever what a Prosecco cork is. Sounds like an expensive brand.

LBrain 09-03-2014 04:36 AM

matt - it's an Italian brut.
Yeah, I'm sure there is still a hidden gem around my place somewhere waiting to be found.

pumpkinny 09-03-2014 05:11 AM

Lol, birddog thank you for this post and a morning chuckle!

birddog406 09-03-2014 06:04 AM

Like all wine, you can get expensive brands and cheap brands. I went for the $9.** range. As long as it was cold and had bubbles, it was good enough for me. The cork had been stuck between the the high hat and bulb so long that the brand wore off. I was actually curious of the brand but could not tell. Didn't matter. Threw it out and moved on.

birddog406 09-03-2014 06:05 AM

Lol, yes LBrain, you could difinitely call it a hidden gem. Not as embarrassing as the little gems I have texted, thank goodness.