Notices

Can you hear my sigh of relief all the way from Reno

Old 09-03-2014, 08:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
This morning I trudged into the apartment complex managers office, a copy of my unemployment papers in one hand, and a money order for what I could afford in the other. I asked, in the politest manner known to man, can you please work out a deal with me this one time? Starting this month is my 5th year here, I need this one time please?

The apartment manager looked at me and smiled and said, you are one of my best tenets, quiet, polite, easy going and some of the nicest people I know. Heck ya, I give you the time. If unemployment doesn't work out let me know, I will figure out a way to give you more time!

I was almost in tears and sweating bullets on my way down there. I am not religious, but I feel blessed today and this whole month.

So now back to the business of getting help. I need to get to a bunch of meetings this week, go to counseling, and I have another appointment for CBT today. Now I need to get even stronger in my resolved to just not drink. I am getting everything a guy could ever wish for.

Stay safe and sober feeling relieved this morning. ( Tdg takes deep breath in, breathes the bad air out) alright ready to go again.
Make sure, when you are ready, to repay that man for his kindness. Karma is a great thing.

Congrats, brah!