SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What's up with the Coffee? (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/343763-whats-up-coffee.html)

Didit 09-01-2014 11:53 AM

What's up with the Coffee?

Went to A.A.!! I am 1 month sober! Everyone drinks coffee! Is it good for you in recovery? I am feeling week and tired!!!! Maybe I should make a pot..lol. I am new here, and want to use this forum in between meetings! I asked a lady to sponsor me and she was 23 years sober, and said she was told by her sponsor she was not allowed to sponsor!! I drank vodka and beer for 40 years, and I am taking Milk Thistle for liver issues!! Very brain-dead! Maybe not making sense???

IOAA2 09-01-2014 12:02 PM

Although I’ve made hundreds + pots of coffee I don’t feel it’s a good thing especially for newcomers. But I don’t rule! I think holding a drink is comforting for alcoholics and coffee is rather inexpensive to give out.

BE WELL

schnappi99 09-01-2014 12:12 PM

Even from the codie side of the fence it gives your hands and mouth something to do. The ritual of preparing it can be theraputic, as can giving the responsibility of making it & cleaning up to someone who's just barely able to hold their head up.. something simple that everyone appreciates and you can see a good job done.

LBrain 09-01-2014 12:26 PM

she has 23 years... her sponsor told her she couldn't sponsor...

isn't that special

jezza 09-01-2014 12:26 PM

I could never get my head around the coffee at meetings especially when they have newcomers who are worst for wear!!! Coffee is nearly the last thing their body & brain needs...of course they don't have to have it. Serve green or white tea & I might be tempted!! :redface:

Soberwolf 09-01-2014 12:54 PM

Male/female relationships of any sort are discouraged in AA for a reason

That being said well done on reaching a month sober that's massive !!

Didit 09-01-2014 02:49 PM

We are both female!! She said it was because of a new medicine she had started taking!!

Didit 09-01-2014 03:06 PM

we are both female, she said it was because of a new medicine she was on and that HER sponsor said she could not sponsor anyone!

least 09-01-2014 03:20 PM

Welcome to the family from a fellow Buckeye. :)

Congrats on one month sober. The first of many sober months. :)

DoubleBarrel 09-01-2014 03:41 PM

Stay away from my coffee man!

It's all I have left!!!!

:c008:

larrylive 09-01-2014 03:55 PM

1) Coffee: your over analyzing it...it's coffee

2) Why on Gods green earth would you ask someone with 23 yrs sober and still in need of a sponsor to be your sponsor. Obviously she can't make descisions about her own life, what makes you think she can handle yours?

Be Well,
Larry

matt4x4 09-01-2014 04:12 PM

Originally Posted by LBrain (Post 4872843)
she has 23 years... her sponsor told her she couldn't sponsor...

isn't that special

Some people say the oddest things.

Sasha4 09-01-2014 04:14 PM

Originally Posted by larrylive (Post 4873198)
1) Coffee: your over analyzing it...it's coffee

2) Why on Gods green earth would you ask someone with 23 yrs sober and still in need of a sponsor to be your sponsor. Obviously she can't make descisions about her own life, what makes you think she can handle yours?

Be Well,
Larry

Larry you remain my hero!!! xx