Notices

I Believe I Am an Alcoholic.

Old 09-01-2014, 11:38 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hello, you truly are a SUPER STAR! If I was your mother I would be so proud of you. You are clearly very bright and wonderfully articulate for your age. Reading your story will inspire so many young people to stop drinking, you will inspire so many people to stop. Well done superstar and welcome to a life full with fulfilment. Congratulations on having the foresight that many of us on here twice your age have only just found. Good luck sweetheart. Big hugs from all of us
Old 09-01-2014, 10:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by AlexThedude View Post
Try not drinking for a month, then seeing how you feel. if you can't do that, in my opinion, you're an alchoholic, like I was/well I suppose am still, but recovering lol.
I have done that before, but my problem is, I'll stop drinking for a while, and then I'll tell myself "See! I can stop drinking without a problem. I must not be an alcoholic/problem drinker, my drinking can't be that bad" and I'll go right back into the same cycle.

Thank you so much everyone!!
Old 09-01-2014, 11:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

If you stop for a month your not alcoholic ?

mmmmmm , I'll bite my tongue.

Superstaroxox

I went off the deep end as a teen, blackouts, waking up places I shouldn't have, drink to get drunk (whats the point of 2-3 drinks right ?)

I was still going off the deep end at 35.

By then, trust me, it ain't much fun anymore.

If I have one lifetime regret, it is, I didn't listen to people who told me "It isn't normal to drink like that" and they were telling me that, at the age of 15.

OMG, what I have put my poor old Mom through.

PM if you want to discuss more or want any advice.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Originally Posted by superstaroxox View Post
I've never been, and I'm excited to start my journey. Any input would be so much appreciated, thanks for taking the time out to read this!
Perfect. Go early, stay late and talk to people before and after. Tell them you're a newcomer, they'll love you. Open speakers meetings are a good place to start but try different types. Get a local meeting list there and a Big Book and start reading it. The meetings are for support working the steps in the book. They are the solution and the path to a better, happier life.
Old 09-02-2014, 03:46 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

No matter what other problems you may be facing, the booze sure ain't helping.

Looking back, most if not all of my mistakes and wrong turns were related in some way to my drinking or substance abuse. Life has been much better with feet on solid ground.

Step one is pretty straightforward - stop drinking.

Then you just need to work on not starting again.

And don't get discouraged if you fall off the wagon - just try again. You can get better at staying sober with practice.

Good luck superstar ox ox!

Old 09-02-2014, 03:49 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I'm new here too and I want to commend you for being so young and making this decision. I felt like I was reading about me when I was your age...I was reckless at times! I wish that I would have made the decision to quit drinking a long time ago. I don't have support at home either but I've been reading lots of posts here and it sounds like there are a lot of good people on here who will be supportive!!