Notices

Long overdue but not too late.

Old 08-31-2014, 04:56 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Long overdue but not too late.

I have finally reached the breaking point. I am not in the most positive frame of mind but I am finally doing what I have to do. I have had issues battling alcohol for about nine years. I have started an outpatient treatment program and will start meetings next week. My husband and I have agreed to take some time apart so that I can get better. I am fortunate enough to have parents that live close by that are also an amazing support system, so I will be staying with them until I feel as though I've worked through most of my issues. Can't wait to make some new friends here.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:59 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!

Glad you have a good support system, it will surely help you get trough this.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations and best wishes for a long period of sobriety. Honesty about my drinking and accepting that I can not drink in safety were the foundation of my/our sobriety. It takes work but the results are very satisfactory.

BE WELL
Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WELCOME!!

Congratulations on the decision to take a new, brighter, more joyful path!

This will not be easy at first, but it will get easier.... and you've found a place of understanding, support and strength.

Old 08-31-2014, 05:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Welcome AFWH
Old 08-31-2014, 05:19 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Welcome AmFit, congrats on your decision to make a positive change. Sounds like you have a solid plan in place too, kudos for taking the initiative to put all those plans in place. SR can be a great supplement, and people are here 24/7. Let us know how we can help.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Welcome to SR and welcome to your journey. Nice to meet you

Old 08-31-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR!!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:49 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome to sr
Old 08-31-2014, 10:53 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome!!
Old 08-31-2014, 11:08 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome, amfit! I was in a similar situation 2 months ago and I moved back in with my parents for the first time since high school. I am 29. The first month was really hard, and humbling, but now at month 2 I feel much more positive. I didn't think I ever would, at least not this soon. I go to church every Sunday, gym almost everyday, or some form of exercise... Eat healthy, and go to aa once a week. I am not saying this is for everyone, but it has worked for me. I just got a new job, and I feel excited about the future again, and what great possibilities are ahead now that I am sober. The first month is terrible, I'm bit going to lie. I was super depressed, pining for a drink, dreaming of wine, hating everything. Then I started to wake up and see that alcohol did nothing for me. It almost killed me. Too many stories to get into of how it affected my whole life negatively. I recommend the book, kicking the drink by Jason vale, it was recommended to me by a friend I met on this site, and I believe it has a lot to do with changing my mindset about alcohol. I can honestly say I do not crave it anymore at all, and pity those who still buy into it! All I can say is hang in there, be grateful for your loving family, and envision how amazing your life can be in just a short time by not drinking. If I can do it, you definitely can!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:26 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome

D
Old 08-31-2014, 03:33 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

You sound ready for this new chapter in your life AmFit. When I finally got sober it was such a relief. I should never have clung to it for so long, it brought me nothing but misery. Keep posting - we will help!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wink

Originally Posted by AmFitWantHealth View Post
I have finally reached the breaking point. I am not in the most positive frame of mind but I am finally doing what I have to do. I have had issues battling alcohol for about nine years. I have started an outpatient treatment program and will start meetings next week. My husband and I have agreed to take some time apart so that I can get better. I am fortunate enough to have parents that live close by that are also an amazing support system, so I will be staying with them until I feel as though I've worked through most of my issues. Can't wait to make some new friends here.
Welcome! You can do this!
Old 08-31-2014, 03:51 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Welcome to Sobriety!

Bunnez