Notices

Work makes me want to drink

Old 08-31-2014, 02:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Work makes me want to drink

First night shift back at work after hol. Wasn't a particularly nice shift and feeling tired and grumpy today. Checked my rota for next week and they have added 8 overtime hours without even asking. Annoyed me but money is needed so can't say no. Usually when feeling like this I would go to the pub in the afternoon and drink to cheer myself up. That bit was the fun bit. But then would carry on when home and end up in a state. I know I don't drink anymore and I won't. But finding it hard to bring myself out of this slump today. Moan over, just nice to get it off my chest.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:53 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear that your job is causing you stress. Hang in there.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:29 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

stay tough Os, I went through 23 yrs of shift work - 12 hours, day/nite/day/nite/day/nite... Then the short notice you gotta work tonight. Hmmm, I guess I'll start drinking beer at 8 AM so I can fall asleep by noon or one and get 4 or 5 hours of sleep.
Last time I did that was the last time I did that. I needed the money too. That was in December. Last day of work for me - not by choice.

But now, I'm learning to live with the bare minimum. Guess I really didn't need the money that bad.
Old 08-31-2014, 04:34 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
AA member

Stick with it,it will start getting easier.
Old 08-31-2014, 07:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Stay with it. After work was defintely my achilles heel. Its slowly getting better though. You can do it.
Old 08-31-2014, 11:06 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hang in there oswin some days are harder than others

Keep on keeping on
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Oswin View Post
First night shift back at work after hol. Wasn't a particularly nice shift and feeling tired and grumpy today. Checked my rota for next week and they have added 8 overtime hours without even asking. Annoyed me but money is needed so can't say no. Usually when feeling like this I would go to the pub in the afternoon and drink to cheer myself up. That bit was the fun bit. But then would carry on when home and end up in a state. I know I don't drink anymore and I won't. But finding it hard to bring myself out of this slump today. Moan over, just nice to get it off my chest.
I sympathise! I have just done a reorg of the company I work for and one department have drove me mad! By drinking though, they have won! Don't give in! I haven't ! I find emagining doing this to them in my head sometimes helps!