Notices

i need some help

Old 08-31-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Magsie

I would think most of us have but you can change it if you want. It takes effort and as Feenix says you have to get off and want to get off the crazy roller coaster.

First step is you have to want to do this for you.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:34 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Old 08-31-2014, 01:42 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi lost girl sounds like life is awful due to you drinking I know the place your in where you don't want to drink but your drinking anyway my heart goes out to you

Just keep trying its not going to get better by continued drinking it will only get worse and then what ?

Seriously understand just do your best to get 24 h sober under your belt wishing you all the luck in the world

You amaze me by being at this stage of alcoholism and here you are posting trying to save your life

Hang in there keep trying your worth more than this
Old 08-31-2014, 05:41 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostgirll View Post
this happened this morning. who wakes up and starts drinking jameson?
I agree, I can't imagine jameson in the morning. Now Jack Daniels and coke, THAT"S another story. That was my early morn drink of choice during my drinking days. I always preferred Jack Daniels and coke, usually somewhere between 7 and 8 am.

One suggestion. Try not to drink too much the night before your first sober day. You don't want to wake up with a bad case of the shakes, and hangover which just screams "have another drink". And when you have that am drink, very difficult to not have more. Just what seemed to work for me.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:48 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Welcome lostgirll...right now I am sure you feel like there is no way out of the bottom of those bottles. We've all been there.

If you want to be sober you have to put on your big girl pants and fight for your life. First step is to put down the drink. Bottom line - you can't be sober if you are drunk.

Sobriety is not easy and it is life-changing in many ways but all positive. It takes commitment and work and lots of challenging days but there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Start walking toward it!

Best of luck ... and I agree - Jameson in the morning is not cool. Giant red flag along with the trip to the hospital. Stick around here and keep trying!! You are worth it!
Old 08-31-2014, 10:04 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thanks. I guess we'll see. I go days without drinking so 24 hours is no big deal. It's just that when I do drink I don't stop. Going to make this happen though!! Thanks everybody
Old 08-31-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hope it all goes well stay in touch keep posting
Old 08-31-2014, 11:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Today is a very low day for you, just be kind to yourself and get through it. Tomorrow you may have a better outlook- don't drink, make a plan for a sober day and come here as much as you need. In my first days, I was on this site for hours a day- just because it kept me focused on the goal- DO NOT DRINK. I also read books on recovery, books about people who were in recovery and learned about methods for recovery. It's all about really, truly wanting to change and then figuring out how to change. For me, that was to never drink again as of right NOW. Make the decision, and everything else follows.

Be strong. You can do this.
Old 08-31-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I act like a complete psycho to my boyfriend too. I'm completely sane when not drinking, I swear but I'm ******* crazy when I drink. I'm surprised he even still likes me at all
Old 08-31-2014, 06:57 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by lostgirll View Post
I act like a complete psycho to my boyfriend too. I'm completely sane when not drinking, I swear but I'm ******* crazy when I drink. I'm surprised he even still likes me at all
My exbf was a black belt in MA and I put the fear of God in him when I drank. And I was a notorious Blackout drunk. I will never do that to anyone ever again. You CAN do this Sobriety thing. Stay with us.

Bunnez
Old 08-31-2014, 07:39 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunnezjp View Post
My exbf was a black belt in MA and I put the fear of God in him when I drank. And I was a notorious Blackout drunk. I will never do that to anyone ever again. You CAN do this Sobriety thing. Stay with us.

Bunnez
I appreciate that. It's so embarrassing to hear him tell me how I acted. Thats not me. I would never be so crazy if I wasn't drinking
Old 08-31-2014, 08:23 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bunnezjp View Post

Bunnez
I blackout all the time. its awful
Old 09-02-2014, 05:32 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

The guilt!

How do I get over the guilt of messing up so incredibly bad?