Notices

Having a hard time here again guys...Lonely

Old 08-29-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Unhappy Having a hard time here again guys...Lonely

Extremely lonely lately. I feel all alone. Nobody ever calls me or texts me. I feel like I cant bond with co workers without drinking. I have no gf or anything. I literally feel like nobody gives 2 ***** about me. sigh......I am also in a new town for work so that dont help. I just want someone to appreciate me and my hard work...only person who appreciates me is me it seems like. I got lots of love to give and nobody to give it to I guess is what I am saying. I have felt like this for over 25 years, I am only 25 but u get the point. Sorry for venting but I got nobody to talk to but this forum.

I really want to drink so bad...Even tho I would never follow through with it I thought today in my head at work "Jeez I should just fall off one of these towers so my family can get my life insurance and be happy, I serve no purpose here anyway and nobody gives a damn about me."
Old 08-29-2014, 03:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are not alone. I relate to your feelings my friend. I know them too well. Post here on SR relentlessly if you need to. We're all friends here.

I wish you well.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
voices ca**y

There are people here who get that. When I was 19 I just left everyone I ever knew and moved to a new city. Being lonely sucks. It's temporary.
Old 08-29-2014, 03:50 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in the same position. Working hard, but extremely lonely. Last few relationships been cheated on or thrown to the curb. I keep going for some reason though. I'm 25, all my friends are in serious relationships or have kids. I sometimes wonder why I even have a phone b/c it doesn't go off.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Mate. That just made me cry a little.

25 you have everything ahead. You just can't see it right now. But Believe me it's there. And I'm jealous you have 20 more years on me.

Maybe your feel **** today. But seriously. You have so much ahead
Old 08-29-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SlickRick07 View Post
I'm in the same position. Working hard, but extremely lonely. Last few relationships been cheated on or thrown to the curb. I keep going for some reason though. I'm 25, all my friends are in serious relationships or have kids. I sometimes wonder why I even have a phone b/c it doesn't go off.
You pretty much just described my life. I have been in a few relationships actually all of them the girl has kicked me to the curb or cheated/went back to her ex. Same thing with my friends...all in serious relationships or having kids. I wonder wtf is wrong with me alot of the time because the longest relationship if you could even call it that, that I have had was like 1 1/2 months...she broke my heart. I was just wondering why the hell I have a phone also.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by JasonNorth View Post

25 you have everything ahead. You just can't see it right now. But Believe me it's there. And I'm jealous you have 20 more years on me.

I hope so jason..I really dont see it. My life up to this point has been nothing but complete and utter crap, alcohol is 90% to blame for that. but now that Im not boozing Im really bored and EXTREMELY ALONE.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:06 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi Nate

I think a lot of us feel that way - how on earth do you relate to people without drinking?

Think about it tho - not everyone drinks and not everyone drinks to oblivion like we used to, and people are making friends all the time....

I think the main factor in making new friends is to put yourself out there amongst people.

Think about ways to meet people without alcohol having to be involved...Do you have any hobbies or interests - any sports you'd like to pursue?

any non-drinking friends you can meet for coffee or go to the movies with?

You don't need to be a hermit to stay sober
D
Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I really feel for you. I wish I had some magic words to help. The only thing I can say is that i didn't get married until I was 25 and didn't have kids until my 30's. Hang in there and keep posting here.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:09 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by JasonNorth View Post

Exactly what Jason said

Im 32 you have seven years on me hang in there

Are you sober now how long etc? There is a 24h thread where its designed for what your going through there are also threads for ppln feeling depressed down in the dumps etc

Wishing you all the best
Old 08-29-2014, 04:10 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Nate

I think a lot of us feel that way - how on earth do you relate to people without drinking?

Think about it tho - not everyone drinks and not everyone drinks to oblivion like we used to, and people are making friends all the time....

I think the main factor in making new friends is to put yourself out there amongst people.

Think about ways to meet people without alcohol having to be involved...Do you have any hobbies or interests - any sports you'd like to pursue?

D
I am to busy with work to do or learn any hobbies, not to mention I am in a new town with no friends.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:12 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Do your best

Originally Posted by Dee74 View Post
Hi Nate

D
This is sooooooooo true I agree 5000%
Old 08-29-2014, 04:13 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Do your best

What about making friends here I'm sending u a request now
Old 08-29-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

How about meeting folks in your neighborhood? When my husband was in the navy, we moved where I knew no one. I lived in a apartment complex and met a lot of folks there. I met one person in the laundry room. When my husband was out to sea, it was lonely. My neighbors ended up being a great support.

Not sure where you live or how easy it is to meet neighbors. How about volunteering somewhere???
Old 08-29-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I'm just sending you a massive hug and all the positive energy i can muster.

When you are 44 like me. 25 is a distant memory. You can be everything you want. And you're young enough to do it.

If alcohol is holding you back. Ditch it. You'll forget it ever existed in 2 years
Old 08-29-2014, 04:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

I wish i was 25!!!! Lol
Old 08-29-2014, 04:28 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

THanks to all you guys for the support. As far as everyone asking me to meet new neighbors or something I work in the oil fields of North Dakota. this town is extremely small and I live in a hotel for now. I do got co worker friends but they just wanna drink. so its kinda hard to meet ppl. I would rather meet a girl to be honest lol.
Old 08-29-2014, 04:31 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

My drinking became a problem around the age of 28-29. I was in a committed relationship and had tons of friends, had a good paying job. 5 years later, I had lost everything. I just turned 38, I have been in recovery for 3 years and I am very lonely. Have dated a few girls, but I have a ton of baggage and red-flags. A broke, recovering alcoholic who is underemployed is not exactly marriage material.

The one thing that I do know however is that things will not get better unless I stay sober. At 25, you have plenty of time to figure things out. I didn't have any friends that were married or had kids by 25. We were just starting our careers then.

Many of us here are lonely, including me. It does help to post here I find.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:12 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by natehamburg View Post
Extremely lonely lately. I feel all alone. Nobody ever calls me or texts me. I feel like I cant bond with co workers without drinking. I have no gf or anything. I literally feel like nobody gives 2 ***** about me. sigh......I am also in a new town for work so that dont help. I just want someone to appreciate me and my hard work...only person who appreciates me is me it seems like. I got lots of love to give and nobody to give it to I guess is what I am saying. I have felt like this for over 25 years, I am only 25 but u get the point. Sorry for venting but I got nobody to talk to but this forum.

I really want to drink so bad...Even tho I would never follow through with it I thought today in my head at work "Jeez I should just fall off one of these towers so my family can get my life insurance and be happy, I serve no purpose here anyway and nobody gives a damn about me."
Part of getting sober is finding a way to build a new life without alcohol. Not everybody drinks, and not every social event revolves around alcohol. Be proactive.

Alcohol will only worsen your depression, in fact, it's very likely that addiction to alcohol (and the lingering effects) is the primary reason why you are still feeling depressed. Ask yourself one question, before you had your first drink, did you ever feel that life would be depressing or worthless without alcohol? The only thing that's changed is you became addicted to a harmful and poisonous substance. You absolutely can feel as good as you felt before you ever had that first drink, all over again. Don't cave in, 25 is a good age to sober up and live a full life.
Old 08-29-2014, 05:20 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by natehamburg View Post
I am to busy with work to do or learn any hobbies, not to mention I am in a new town with no friends.
You sound a lot like me
I was used to friends stumbling into my life after a couple of drinks.

The idea I had to go and look for friends and work on friendship was annoying to me and I resented it....

but thats how most people do it

I appreciate you're busy, but you need downtime right?
use that downtime to meet new people instead of sitting at home waiting for the phone to ring and getting ticked off when it doesn't.

Your life's what you make it Nate. You're 25...seize the day, man

D