Notices

Slow Recovery

Old 08-29-2014, 01:20 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Slow Recovery

Hi. My name is Katelyn. I'm 25 years old and I have been on and off heroin for the past 5 years. I had a mental breakdown in January and ended up in a psychiatric hospital. Upon my release I refused to take my medication and ended up in another psychiatric hospital. I've been clean for 5 months and regularly take my medication which makes me feel like a terrible zombie and not a zombie ant like I wanted to be. I have lost my freedom and am trying to gain my life back but it is a very slow process and I'm not happy anymore.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

It is a process, that is true.

Welcome to the forums.

One day at a time, that's all any of us have. Finding joy in every day is important, and being grateful for what I have right now has been the key for me. Looking into the future makes me anxious, so I try to stay in today.

You'll put your life together! Five months is really good, you're on the right path.

Keep posting here, you'll find lots of support.
Old 08-29-2014, 01:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I second Biminiblue, not discrediting how you feel but first things first, 5 months is amazing beyond words..... Go stand in front of a mirror and take a good look at yourself, and instead of seeing somebody who feels down, out of sync, depressed etc, see a warrior looking back who has defied all the odds and beaten Herion and is still beating it 5 months later..... You've literally beat all the odds that 1000s upon 1000s never manage to beat it.
Now you can put the spark back in your life..... Take small steps but look for things that make you feel good / alive.
What were the things you did and enjoyed in your life before all of this.?
Old 08-29-2014, 05:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you found us Katelyn. You'll find a lot of support and understanding here - welcome

D
Old 08-29-2014, 06:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Welcome

Nice to meet you