Notices

That wait for blood results ....

Old 08-28-2014, 10:26 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

That wait for blood results ....

I called the doctor's office today after not hearing a peep from them all week, I was quite nervous when I heard the doctor hadn't looked at them yet but the receptionist looked my results up via pathology and said they'd been coded 'normal'.

Obviously that's a very broad spectrum and many things can still be going on that I might need to address with the doctor come Monday but I have to admit I felt a huge sense of relief just hearing her tell me that much.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good for you! You may be able to get see your results online as soon as they are entered into the system before your appts. You can check your ranges there . I have that..ask your doc.
Old 08-28-2014, 10:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Getting back my blood results was a huge weight lifted off my chest. I was convinced I had destroyed my liver for good. I lucked out, I know that. Sounds like you are in the clear too. Just don't use it as an excuse to go back to the other life. We only get so many chances
Old 08-28-2014, 10:38 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SoberHoopsFan View Post
Getting back my blood results was a huge weight lifted off my chest. I was convinced I had destroyed my liver for good. I lucked out, I know that. Sounds like you are in the clear too. Just don't use it as an excuse to go back to the other life. We only get so many chances
Oh, absolutely. I know no matter what my Doc tells me I'm through with the booze but it does just reaffirm that you only get so many chances so when one seems to be handed to you - don't waste it!
Old 08-28-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Like I said to someone else today, we naturally do tend to fear the worst.

The good news is, if you're committed to sobriety, whatever results you get can only get better from here jc

D