Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Reality and drinking, you want to be drunk be drunk... Or be sober I dare you

Notices

Old 08-28-2014, 06:43 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Yes TDG is daring the drunk to be drunk or get sober. I am ready for the raft and the coming barrage of hate messages. Know that I am trying to bring the drinker back to reality, trying to relate and tell them hey look mofo, what you are doing isn't working you might kill yourself. Some respond to the positive some don't if you are actively drinking and I have your attention stop, get medical advice and quit making excuses. Do I have your attention now, do you hate me, am I despicable, read the rest of this post before you judge.

A point that cost me chat on this site, long story, and a point the mods and are at ends with, if you @#$# want to drink nobody is going to stop you right? I beg and plead with you, want you to know there is another life, know that you have support but if you want to drink and can't stop I know you will drink. I did that for such a long time and relate with you, know that you can do this, but you have to sober up!

I am not heartless, I am however a realist, maybe its harsh, but @#$# this habit killls, I want the active drinker to know there is support but if you don't want support you might die, or worse.

If I am going to be lighting rod, so be it, I don't care! I care about the acti8ve drinker and if you read between the lines you will see it, I am no dummy I care immensely, but @#$# if you don't want ot stop yo u won't if you do you will, but maybe just maybe someone tell you #$#$# you, drink if you ant to drink be sober if you want to be sober be sober, might help just one person.

IF you have drinking issue and can't stop message me, lets talk, I care about you, but if you don't want to stop I can't stop you... Only you can stop you.

This is inflammatory to prove a purpose and make a point, damn right lets start a debate, hell yes hate me for what I said, but really this is about all of us getting sober. Even if one man has an opinion that isnt the norm!
Old 08-28-2014, 07:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

No one hates you or is going to flame you for what you said. You speak the truth.

The thing is...not everyone is ready to hear that truth. It's just like anything else. We can try to help people, share our experiences, give advice, whatever. But, until that person is ready to hear it and act on it, not much is going to change. Tough love works sometimes, but sometimes it doesn't.

I knew I drank too much. My kids knew I drank too much. My mom knew I drank too much. They all love me and tried to convince me that I needed to stop. Now, you can say whatever you want, but I love my kids and my mom more than anything on this earth, including alcohol. BUT...they could not convince me to stop or to get help. It had to come from somewhere down deep inside of me.

I had to quit for myself, not for them. Quitting for others is too tenuous. Circumstances change and if we're quitting for anyone other than ourselves, it just doesn't work.

I understand completely why you posted what you did. Like I said, it's the gospel truth! Those of us who have climbed out of that deep dark hole want to convince others that there is hope...that they CAN quit. I understand, man.
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Awww ..TDG...never been a fan of posts that pontificate. Your point is valid, yet we are here voluntarily because we want to sober up. I really like posts that walk along beside rather than appear from some sort of metaphoric pulpit.

But hey..you care. I get it. Just my two pennies...
Old 08-28-2014, 08:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Thatdeliveryguy View Post
IF you have drinking issue and can't stop message me, lets talk, I care about you, but if you don't want to stop I can't stop you... Only you can stop you.

This is inflammatory to prove a purpose and make a point, damn right lets start a debate, hell yes hate me for what I said, but really this is about all of us getting sober. Even if one man has an opinion that isnt the norm!
No one thinks you're heartless, Jeremy.

But how about conserving your mental energy for your own recovery process?
Old 08-28-2014, 08:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

No. I get you Jeremy.

There comes a point In every recovery attempt, where there is this "A HA " moment.

And you want to share that . And it's not really "right", but it's yours. And you both own it, and give it away at the same time.

And to Give to those that are still in their cups is both giving back.

And paying it forward.

It's a fragile place.

Broken, yet fixed.

Kinda both.

So beautiful.

You do you.

I love it.