Notices

Not even a day yet

Old 08-28-2014, 11:25 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by pickmepickme View Post
Thank you! I know there are many programs within the area..just that I do have a few ex-employees who I happen to know they attend meetings in the area. I'd just rather not see anyone I know at the meetings, I feel that the truly anonymous route is best for me. I will always keep it as an option though, as a last resort.
Congrats on your decision Pickme. I think you'll find that you will need to lean on others as things progress. The shame or shock of a huge bender/bad night is many times great motivation to get you started into sobriety, but that shock wears off sooner than you would imagine. SR is a great resource, but don't rule out local support -and definitely don't wait until you are at the "last resort" to seek it.
Old 08-28-2014, 09:26 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So I made it to 7-eleven and back without buying beer tonight. Great for day 2!! I didn't want to go since I knew I'd be tempted to get beer, but forgot I had ran out of food for my cats. I even actually cooked dinner for myself, I'm so used to skipping dinner and then eating microwave corn dogs or ordering a pizza if I remember to eat later. I'm still craving for a drink but at least for now I don't feel like it's too bad. Having an actual dinner with real food seems to help a little.

I don't know why but I have been spaced out today. I've been off work the past week but not feeling so great. I got a fever blister on my lip and am embarrassed to go anywhere with it so I've been holed up a lot. For some reason I keep opening my fridge and staring at it and then realizing that I must be looking for beer. I even felt strange driving to the store, like I was too spaced out to be driving or something. Anyone ever drive after not sleeping all night? or a couple nights? That feeling.

That is how I felt except I slept plenty last night. I heard "confusion" as a symptom of withdrawal, has anyone else had such incidents as doing weird mindless things in this stage? Just wondering.

So now to feed the cats and maybe find a show to watch.

Hope all have a great night!
Old 08-28-2014, 09:27 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

welcome aboard PMPM
great going too btw

D
Old 08-29-2014, 02:06 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by pickmepickme View Post

I heard "confusion" as a symptom of withdrawal
this last time in which I got sober was not easy