Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > New to Addiction and Recovery? > Newcomers to Recovery
Reload this Page >

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Notices

Super Duper Weekender Thread - Holiday Edition Aug 28th to Sept 1st

Old 08-30-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 201 (permalink)  

Olive, you made my mouth water with that pig butt on tortillas.

Nonsensical must have missed the pig butt portion of your post

I just had dinner!! Ice cream time
Old 08-30-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 202 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
wow - HAPPY BIRTHDAY LTV! 29 AGAIN?
Forever almost 30 I actually love getting older...definitely gets better and better.

Thanks for the happy birthday wishes! Do not forget the cake with all that ice cream

Old 08-30-2014, 03:32 PM
  # 203 (permalink)  

Had to take a nap after a tussle in another thread. Spent some time being angry, agitated and miserable, and wondering if I was enduring an abusive relationship with SR. Not really how I expected to spend my day.

I ended up never going out to the bookstore this morning because it took me two hours to write the first post in "about my drinking" (editing and pruning to keep it on topic and not digress too much).

Just had some chocolate low fat frozen yogurt (with active cultures! the poor dears -- I can't imagine they are very active when frozen). I also have some raspberry frozen yogurt from the grocery trip last night.

I also bought a couple of family-size lasagnas for five dollars each to have for dinner this weekend. Probably three meals apiece for me.

Too warm to go out this afternoon. Just now starting to thunder. I thought the storms would come earlier. In a way they did, but I meant external weather-wise.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:08 PM
  # 204 (permalink)  

Went with a third five-dollar dinner, chicken enchiladas instead of lasagna.

Am starting a new crossword puzzle. Movies and books later. I should at least crack a book about exercise, even if I don't do any this evening.
Old 08-30-2014, 04:11 PM
  # 205 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Mmmmmm.. All the food... I just went and got chocolate frozen yogurt with sprinkles!!!!!

Ready for a movie. See you after that!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:02 PM
  # 206 (permalink)  

Glad you posted here Kevin. Relax and have a chill night. Go easy on those active cultures though.
Old 08-30-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 207 (permalink)  

Day 30 done!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 208 (permalink)  

I was searching for something by Elana James but didn't search enough I guess. She was my sweetie. Did find this tho... that's her group.

Old 08-30-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 209 (permalink)  

Awesome buggirl!!
Old 08-30-2014, 05:13 PM
  # 210 (permalink)  

Great job everyone! Tough at times, trust me! But boy does it feel good.

You know what we are missing though? If we would have just listened to the AV, we could be in a wonderful blackout about now! Dang... Oh we'll, I guess I will have to just wake up smiling instead of probing people for hints of what the heck I did. Shucks...
Old 08-30-2014, 05:23 PM
  # 211 (permalink)  

30 days! Way to go buggirl!
You too determined**!

LTV - I had to listen to 16 candles 3 times for your birthday.

This is for you Buggirl - an oldie but goodie
Old 08-30-2014, 05:37 PM
  # 212 (permalink)  
pray for strength

Originally Posted by LBrain View Post
LTV - I had to listen to 16 candles 3 times for your birthday.
Thanks friend. Nothing like a Boyscout. Always Prepared. Prepared for the next decade plus/minus change, that is. BAH!

Old 08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 213 (permalink)  
A simple guy making his way

Yeah buggirl!!!!!!!!

Kevin.... I could never do crosswords. I suck at them.

Watched an odd movie.... Maybe I will share about it tomorrow. As for now I have a cat to scoot out of my bedroom to get ready for bed.

Again happy bday LTV!

K
Old 08-30-2014, 05:49 PM
  # 214 (permalink)  

Happy birthday LTV!

Weasel, I lived in Portland, Maine years ago. We had such a great time!

I find nights very lonely. When I wake up in the morning, I am full of hope and energy, but it leaves me at night. I should not have watched Rachel Getting Married tonight. I should have picked a comedy instead. Going to have hot chocolate and cookies now to cheer me up.

I love hearing about everybody's weekend and seeing pictures xx
Old 08-30-2014, 08:36 PM
  # 215 (permalink)  

I just deleted a very long post and am not happy but you all will probably be. It was quiet here on the thread this afternoon. But I see it's picking up now.

My brother and his kids called and came by this evening and we hung out, went to get hot dogs and then watched Dr. Who. My brother wanted pizza but we had just had pizza for a late lunch before my husband went to bed. He gets up at midnight for work. Too much of a good thing if I had all that pizza. We went to a drive in we used to go to as kids and was just reopened after a revamping and thorough cleaning under new ownership. Hot dogs are pretty much just hot dogs.

Cabinets came and I was antsy to start assembling but I started clearing out the kitchen instead. Tomorrow is church. A trim for my son who is sporting Davy Jones haircut. It needs to be neatened. My mom gave him the same haircut she would give my brother when he was nine and had hair. After the haircut there is a picnic/barbeque at a local AA club that I plan to attend. They have a jump house, piņata for the kids, face painting. It's usually a good time. We'll go for a bit.

So, I'm relaxing now. Congrats Buggirl! Good job patman. You will be bright eyed in the morning and your friend will be bleary eyed. I know which one I'd prefer. I'm going to get some ice cream. I will go with the cherry chocolate tonight. Yesterday it was coffee toffee crunch. My daughter has been telling me I'm getting fat. Well, maybe. Talk to you all later.
Old 08-30-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 216 (permalink)  
MamaBC

Sober is a different perspective

Day 7 of my sobriety. I was very apprehensive today because I had a "mandatory fun" event for work. My company plans these employee appreciation events fairly often and they always involve a lot of alcohol. I didn't know if I would be able to say no to a beer or glass of wine. And I knew one or two simply wouldn't be the end. I'm a little ashamed to say that I lied and said I wasn't drinking because I'm on an antibiotic. It got me out of any other explanation, which was what I needed.

My perspective of the event and everyone while they were drinking and I was sober was startling. They were all friendly and gregarious, and became more so as the event went on, but I was startled to realize just HOW MUCH everyone was drinking!! I've never really given it any thought before, but the amount of alcohol consumed was staggering!!

I left fairly early. Not because I was feeling tempted - I'm pleased to say that I was not - but because it was kind of boring. I just hope and pray everyone makes it home safely. As for me, I'm glad I chose a sober weekend - I came home and had a lovely, long phone call with my daughter who's away at college. I'm sure she was a little surprised to call and find me sober!
Old 08-30-2014, 08:56 PM
  # 217 (permalink)  

Master Of The Universe

I reaffirmed my vast powers late today over Natural Phenomena. I washed and waxed my new Truck. It immediately started to Rain. This, of course, would not have happened had I not mucked with my Truck.

As that Thundercloud moved East, it was time for the Dog Park. A few Regs were there, and we all enjoyed a lovely, crisp Sunset.

Boulder Local Tommy Bolin was one scorching Player, and hung with the likes of Jeff Beck and Billy Cobham. He was in 'Deep Purple' and 'The James Gang' for a while. He ODed at age 25 after a Show with Jeff Beck and Peter Frampton in Florida. Our loss.

'Bolin died from an overdose of heroin and other substances, including alcohol, cocaine and barbiturates.' [1] - Wiki

His last Encore was his Anti-Drug Anthem 'Post Toastee':

'Don't let your mind Post Toastee
Like a lot of my friends did'

Sincere congrats to Buggirl, and a Happy 39th Birthday to LeTheVerte. We all know what we have to do. Listening to our Inner Voice is one.

'The Grind' ~ Tommy Bolin

-----
Attached Images
File Type: jpg
B Man_750.jpg (57.3 KB, 40 views)
Old 08-30-2014, 09:45 PM
  # 218 (permalink)  

I'm glad you made it home safe and sober Mama! Those events are tough at first. It is amazing how much people drink at those things and they do get boring. Having your own ride home is great because you can slip out when you want.

I took my curtains down out of my front picture window to be washed. Ikea and can just go in the machine on cold. However, they have metal grommets on them which will make a horrible racket when I put them in the dryer and would wake everyone so I feel naked sitting here in the exposed living room with the television and lights on and no curtains up. Tomorrow.

I am watching a truly terrible movie Sharktopus v. Pterocuda, on SyFy. On par with Sharknado. Kind of fun though because it is so awful. The special effects look like something a high school drama club would create.

I was going to go to bed. It's almost midnight but if I go now I will just be settling in when my husband wakes up. Why bother? I will wish him a good evening and go once he gets his stuff out of our room. I'm not really tired either. I will be in the morning though. I can never sleep late.
Old 08-30-2014, 11:02 PM
  # 219 (permalink)  

Pleasant work day. 15 hours worth. Keeps me outta trouble roads pretty quiet. Guess everyone is where they need to be!
Hope everyone is having a great weekend.
Old 08-31-2014, 01:24 AM
  # 220 (permalink)  
Marchia in Aeternum

Originally Posted by Tetra View Post
I find nights very lonely. When I wake up in the morning, I am full of hope and energy, but it leaves me at night.
Tetra, that's a normal cycle. Without alcohol, we wake energized and wind down after dark.