Notices

Need help

Old 08-27-2014, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Need help

Hello everyone,

I want to say a million thank you for your support. I consider myself lucky to find that website and support and love you guys giving me. I am new to this and learning how to novigate through here ( sorry for grammar mistakes, English is my second language ). By reading many posts i see that for successful recovery i need a plan. I dont have one, i dont know where to start, where to look, where to get info. What is AVRT? Where to get info how to kill cravings and that awful voice that tells you...have one. Please advice, im a bit lost. For some reason to comfort myself i keep saying to myself...for starts i am not gonna drink for a month and see what happens than. Should i even think that way or i have to set my mind on never ever ( i know i cant have 1 drink, 6 month from now i will end up with major anxeity and 3 days streight drinking). Again, your stories and successes are amazing, i hope i can be the one writing...today is my 6 month, 12 month, 1 year sober.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'm not entirely sure,but I think AVRT has to do with recognizing the "addiction voice".
"AV" is a term used here when that voice in your head tries to trick you into drinking.
Yesterday was 13 months for me.
You can do it also,Tina.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Addiction Voice Recognition Therapy. I think. There is a webpage on it. It has positive attributes to it. Worth a read. Reading and posting here has really helped me. You can do it. Were here for you.
Old 08-27-2014, 06:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Failure Is Not An Option

Hello Tina1234,

I'm with you. I don't know much about "my plan." I met with my therapist yesterday and we spoke about post acute withdrawal syndrome (PAWS) and the need for multiple plans. One suggestion I already adopted without realizing it was a plan was to "remember." Perhaps stated "never forget." Never forget your lowest moments while drinking. Then, conjure up these memories when the urge to drink appears. I started blogging on this site, just for me, journaling. I try to do this daily and I try to include a bad experience, an embarrassing experience, any kind of experience while drinking that I never want to experience again.

Oh yeah, there's walking, eating ice cream, talking to friends by phone, chat, or forums.

Recovery rocks. God speed. Resolv
Old 08-27-2014, 06:51 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

Welcome Tina - I'm so glad you found us.

There's no doubt that you can get free of your addiction and have the life you want. We are here to help - you're never alone.
Old 08-28-2014, 01:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

Hi tina thank you and yes to all of the above

And keep posting as it helps so many others