Notices

New here, need a support system

Old 08-26-2014, 03:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New here, need a support system

Greeting everyone!

Oh where to begin. The last four years have been the most difficult years I've ever been through. 2012-2013 was especially hard. I was battling an eating disorder along with drug abuse, my grandfather got diagnosed with stage four lung cancer, and my great-grandmother who I was especially close to started declining in health; the result was she has to go into a nursing home. She died in March on her Birthday, the same day we had to put our cat to sleep. It was around this time that I decided to get my life back, and overcome my eating disorder and drug abuse problem. It was a bumpy road with many relapses, but slowly I was moving towards a healthier lifestyle. June comes and my grandfather is really not doing well. There were a few hospital visits, the last of which they made the decision to stop all treatment and bring hospice in. I relapsed and he passed away in July. However I pulled myself back together and got my life on track again.

I started college in September and it was like a fresh start. Midway through the first semester I began to feel depressed, and it only worsened. This is when I started using alcohol, but very infrequently. As time went on I developed a body image problem that made and still makes going out in public a huge challenge. Looking back I guess I've always had a body image issue, but it was miniscule and didn't control my life. Things only got worse, and I started drinking more.

I sometimes worry that I'm going crazy because I feel like my life is not in order. I kept everything inside for so long and now it has basically taken over my life. I always tell myself I am level-headed and it's just my emotions surfacing, but I guess I need reassurance.

I have recently started energy tapping (EFT) to try and deal with these emotions.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

It's great to meet you freedom2live. I'm sorry for all the challenging things you've been through. I hope it will help to talk things over here.
Old 08-26-2014, 03:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome and I hope you stick around!
Old 08-26-2014, 03:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Do your best

Really honest post big stride taken there

Sorry to hear that I've lost quite a bit of family through cancer it is horrible completely relate

Hang in there I hope that energy tap works

Keep posting and good luck
Old 08-26-2014, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thanks for the kind words of welcome. Some really meaningful and positive quotes there, which I think I needed to see.