# 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Class of August 2014 Part 2

our last part is here:

http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...2014-a-20.html

D
Old 08-15-2014, 04:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Happy sober weekend everyone stay strong and sober and healthy/happy !! Closing out day 4 here after dinner at my parents place. Having a Diet Ginger Ale. Love and hugs #TeamAugust !!
Old 08-15-2014, 05:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cant sleep and its 1.22am here, dedicated to getting to AA meeting in morning but scared, I know I look terrible, grown a beard, red eyes etc etc. Hoping I haven't gone too far to come back, feel like isolating until the withdrawal gets better but know I cant do this on my own... Spoke to a friend before and shes done 3months now I was a week behind her at one stage.

Memories are slowly coming back and theyre mostly embarrassing remember one night asking for a JD and coke and a gin and tonic and the bar guy said he couldn't serve me because Id drank them dry the night before and me thinking it was a badge of honour it makes me cringe now starting to think I should go around all the bars and shops and telling them not to serve me alcohol ever again because Im an alcoholic but know it doesn't work like that.....
Old 08-15-2014, 05:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

You've come back before 1step - you can do it again - and you can make this time The Time

If I can do it, so can you

D
Old 08-15-2014, 06:01 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement everyone, clinging on to that thought that Ive come back before and will again, want a normal sober life so much and I nearly get there and then I press the self distruct button its like I feel sometimes unworthy of being happy, when I sober up I worry about the damage Ive done physically and mentally to myself and the worry ive put friends and family through.
Old 08-15-2014, 08:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I made it another day! Thanks for the craving tips D! I should be able to abstain tomorrow and Sunday as I'm working very long shifts. I'll take the backroads home ...as Carol suggested to avoid the convenience store. I feel optimistic, cancelled my upcoming drinking engagements, have short-term and long-term goals. I'm sober for life as long as I'm sober today. :-) goodnight all.
Old 08-15-2014, 09:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

11 pm. Made it through day 10! Tom will be bz.... grocery shopping, hair appt, and more movies. Watched 2 tonight w hubby ( who chose to not drink tonight without me asking... )... love.... lol
Old 08-15-2014, 09:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Well, day 2...

After so many years sober I want to cut myself a little "slack" here with the guilt thing; of course I wish I had not caused so many people so much grief (including myself) but I try to remember I didn't "choose" to have this condition any more than someone "chooses" to have cancer. I can help the situation though, and I am going to try my best.

Life is so much better without alcohol.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Here it is: my day 1.
My last weekend with a sore stomach and hangover I hope. My thoughts are all over the place. I failed before because I failed to plan. What's my plan this time? To plot a few things every day. If I get my shopping done today then I won't have to stop at the supermarket beside the bottle shop on my way home from work.
I have signed up for the meditation free online...and bought 10 gym passes.
Put a few different drinks in my fridge I never had before.(soft drinks)
This needs to work. I am alone doing this but it's because of this that I am alone.
A bath tonight if I succeed!! Here goes nothing.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:53 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Woo hoo made it thru Day 6. Was actually a Golden Girl tonight and sat on the patio with Hot Tea and face booked on my phone. Will be nice to wake up on a Saturday feelin great. Have a good night.. great Saturday all!

and you got this Raggle
Old 08-16-2014, 12:05 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Well D day has arrived........ a day out with friends (not really friends) but a birthday celebration which I have tried every thing to get out of. Hubby insists , but then I have not been truthful with him either in telling him I have quit drinking.

It's now 8am and I will probably be offered my first drink about 10am, I have planned to survive the morning but telling them it's to early. then hopefully they will all be too drunk to even care what I drink the rest of the day.

I have quietly asked God to help me stay sober today and not let me drink, but then the evil AV jumps in quickly and says "no she will be fine she is going to moderate today to make sure she don't do anything stupid and then start her new life all over again on Sunday" He says "it's only been two weeks, it's not like your giving up a years worth of sobriety"

Oh my days, I could scream ...............

My dear August friends I do you hope you remain strong this weekend x

I think it's goes without saying if I login in later and report I am still sober that would be amazing, and if I don't log in you know the rest!!
Old 08-16-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

why don't u just tell them your stomach is too upset to drink.. and/or be truthful with your husband ?
Old 08-16-2014, 12:25 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

There are some really good tips here Maggie - I hope you get to read this before you go:

Crying Out Now: Thanksgiving Survival Guide
(ignore the title - the tips work for most social occasions)

Don't even make drinking a possibility - sure today might be rough, but it's not forever, just a few hours...

think about how you'll feel having not drunk today

D
Old 08-16-2014, 01:47 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Hey Guys,
Just checking in and saying hi. I'm working this weekend which is great. Went to AA on Friday which was good although there aren't any meetings for the next 2 Fridays which is a bummer. But I have this little blue book to read and I have to try and find God.
Psychologist on Monday, really not sure about thst one.
One day at a time guys!
Day 2 again (ahem)
Old 08-16-2014, 01:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Sydneys pretty big, restless - have you though about trying another AA group over the next two weeks?

D
Old 08-16-2014, 02:51 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well off to the AA meeting soon, feeling exhausted and full of fear and anxiety but know I need to get back the support I so dearly need, once Ive been back to one Il feel back to being part of it again- still nervous though!!!!
Old 08-16-2014, 02:53 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

We're all with you 1step

D
Old 08-16-2014, 03:03 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Thanks Dee,
I don't live in Sydney, I live 4hrs outside it in woop woop! There is another group 35k away I could maybe get a lift back. I'll see what I can sort out. It'll be easier in 5 mths when I get my license back but I would like a little sober time before I get on the road again. Next time I blow over I will get a couple of years just west of sydney.
Thanks again
Old 08-16-2014, 03:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Just checking in. Day 14 here. Hope everyone is having a happy sober weekend.
Old 08-16-2014, 04:00 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Checking in on Day 19. Been up and down last few days. Before I got my blood tests I thought maybe I could one day be a social drinker. But now I know I can't take that risk. My resolve is stronger than ever not to drink now. If I take care of by body, hopefully my levels will come down and no major damage is done.

MaggieLou wishing you the best and hope you stay strong. 1stepup you've done it before and you can do it again we're rooting for you!