SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Accomplished (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/343045-accomplished.html)

Serenity85 08-25-2014 08:34 AM

Accomplished

At the start of Day 2, I woke up feeling enegized. Somethig I haven't felt in months. I woke up,my husband went off to work, made breakfast, did laundry, took my kids yo library and temted out a pass to the museum in the city... Only 11:30am and I feel good. However, aggitation, anxiety are starting to set it and I hope my husband is able to come home at lunch so I might be able to take a litte breather.
I will beat this. I will fight the fight. I refuse to let alcohol take ownership of my life like it has with so many of my family members. I will be the change. I will sirvive.

Ghostlight1 08-25-2014 09:17 AM

Congratulations on your decision to quit and congratulations one day two.
You can be the change, and it sounds like you want sobriety bad enough to go to any measure. That's what it takes. One day at a time.
Good for you and best to you on your journey.

Anna 08-25-2014 09:25 AM

I'm glad you're doing well, and yes, the anxiety usually is a part of detoxing/early recovery. But, you can get through it, and live a sober life.

pakman 08-25-2014 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by Serenity85 (Post 4859563)
At the start of Day 2, I woke up feeling enegized. Somethig I haven't felt in months. I woke up,my husband went off to work, made breakfast, did laundry, took my kids yo library and temted out a pass to the museum in the city... Only 11:30am and I feel good. However, aggitation, anxiety are starting to set it and I hope my husband is able to come home at lunch so I might be able to take a litte breather. I will beat this. I will fight the fight. I refuse to let alcohol take ownership of my life like it has with so many of my family members. I will be the change. I will sirvive.

I love it! those are some fighting words! you can do it!

pakman

Nonsensical 08-25-2014 09:52 AM

I refuse to let alcohol take ownership of my life.

BOOM! :c011:

PurpleKnight 08-25-2014 10:12 AM

It all gets better with each day!! Keep it going!! :You_Rock_

soberjuly 08-25-2014 02:15 PM

At the start of Day 2, I woke up feeling enegized. Somethig I haven't felt in months. I woke up,my husband went off to work, made breakfast, did laundry, took my kids yo library and temted out a pass to the museum in the city... Only 11:30am and I feel good. However, aggitation, anxiety are starting to set it and I hope my husband is able to come home at lunch so I might be able to take a litte breather.
I will beat this. I will fight the fight. I refuse to let alcohol take ownership of my life like it has with so many of my family members. I will be the change. I will sirvive.

Congrats! doesn't it feel great! I love your avatar, I did the same thing but then was too self-conscious to post it because I didn't see anyone else do the same...lol...

Hevyn 08-25-2014 02:17 PM

Wonderful news Serenity - two days is a huge accomplishment. Things will continue to get a bit better each day.