Notices

Ashamed

Old 08-25-2014, 03:10 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Wow it's been a huge help to hear I am not alone on this. My story seems to resonate with a lot of you and whilst that is bad it shows me I can turn it around. I don't feel I can ever trust or return to drink after this. To be honest I could never trust it but I can't possibly talk my way around how far it pushed me last night. There must be so many people that went that one step further than I did, who now spend every waking day in a prison cell. I have a second chance and I won't throw that away. Thanks again everyone for the support.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I did reprehensible things when I was drunk. Different than physical fights but every bit as dramatic, dangerous, and destructive. I thought people would never forgive me or forget but they do. People get over stuff more quickly then we think, especially guys. If you were a woman and writing about a fight with your sister I would tell you to send her a peace offering in the year 2020 and see if she'd bite. I am sure your brother will forgive you but it will go much better if you stop drinking.

After my own scary, dangerous blackouts I knew life would go on but I did not want any more in the future. The nice thing is, if we don't drink we don't have blackouts. I haven't had one in three years. Give sobriety a shot and everything will be fine with you and your brother.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

As you're seeing, you're not alone, not by a long shot. For face-to-face and/or phone support from others just like you, check here:

Alcoholics Anonymous (Great Britain) Ltd - Home
Old 08-25-2014, 06:49 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I can relate very well to the way you are feeling. In fact I felt that way yesterday. I have caused many terrible arguments during my blackouts with the people I love the most. I am in the same position now where I realize drinking in moderation just will not work for me and I have to quit for good and I want to. Sometimes I can drink a couple and stop, when I don't stop, I act like an entirely different person and destroy what was supposed to be a "fun night", wake up feeling ashamed and alone with the worst anxiety imaginable. People can only take so much of the "I'm so sorry, I was drunk, I didn't mean it, I don't even remember what I said" etc. And I know I'm running out of chances. I am sure your brother will forgive you in time. Everyone makes mistakes, use this one as a reason to quit drinking for good I'm with ya.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:23 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

I finally had to stop promising my kids I would stop drinking and just do it.