Notices

Cdt test

Old 08-24-2014, 11:01 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cdt test

I all am back fell off wagon but am now 14 days clean.. Problem I have is as you know I lts my licence and now have to have medical.. Well cdt test precisely. I desperately need my licence back to get my life back.. My medical is I'm 1 week 3 days so il be 24 days sober I think maybe I left it to late does anyone know about all this stuff and whether I have left it to late each website I google tells me a different thing I'm so scared., and such an idiot why didn't I just stop and not go back to it when I stopped the first time x
Old 08-25-2014, 12:18 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Do your best

Not sure but don't panic I'm pretty sure someone will come along shortly with a solid answer

In the meantime keep reading posting etc

Well done btw
Old 08-25-2014, 12:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

the only thing you can do is stay sober and clean now and ensure you have a good support system/plan so you don't drink/drug again. I know it's hard not to worry but staying sober is the only thing you can control.Congrats on 14 days
Old 08-25-2014, 02:27 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I know but I'm such a panicker.. Classic binge drinker go in bender for days then stop for a couple and start again been googling allsorts I just so desperately want my licence back and it will probably knock me for six if I fail test x
Old 08-25-2014, 02:56 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Crazy Cat Lady

I think many of us have been through a similar situation. Basically, we go on a binge, have a serious repercussion from the binge then sober up while desperately trying to erase or negate the damage we've caused. I think the most important thing one can do right now is concentrate on building a base for solid, long term sobriety. The internet is a wonderful thing but i'm afraid that we've all come to turn to it in crisis and try to use google to figure out how to set things right again. My best advice is to google some meetings and some sobriety advice and plans. The rest of your life will fall into some kind of order if you set your life on the right path. Work on something that you can change. For the alcoholic, that means sobriety work. Set this crisis aside and get cracking on a sobriety plan. Most of us are amazed at how many crisis's are resolved in simple sobriety. Other times, we find that by concentrating on sobriety, we set into motions events and actions that lessen the negative impact our drinking has caused.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:00 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

It is horrible but just try and push forward. Things might not turn out as bad as you fear xxx
Old 08-25-2014, 08:53 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Are you getting enough support? I went round and round on that same pattern, a few days Sober, then drink and so on, if sheer willpower isn't working then it's time to change your plan!!

Even if you get your licence back, you need to still change the way forward to protect it!!
Old 08-25-2014, 09:30 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I think the CDT test can detect if someone had a binge within the prior 2 weeks. You will be close to 3 1/2 weeks by the time you get your test. I think you will be ok as long as you stay off the sauce. Go get some Milk Thistle and start taking it. It will help detox your liver with will increase your chance of passing the CDT test. MY liver responds well to it.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I didn't even know what a cdt was until I started reading the post.

I hope everything works out for you.
Old 08-25-2014, 09:48 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BBQBOY View Post
I think the CDT test can detect if someone had a binge within the prior 2 weeks. You will be close to 3 1/2 weeks by the time you get your test. I think you will be ok as long as you stay off the sauce. Go get some Milk Thistle and start taking it. It will help detox your liver with will increase your chance of passing the CDT test. MY liver responds well to it.
Just wanted to say, not familiar with this test but I drink a milk thistle tea, in fact drinking it now. Heard it's good for the liver.

I also was told that lemons are good for the liver. Like squeeze fresh lemon juice into a glass of water every morning.
Old 08-26-2014, 10:38 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Thanks all I'm not sure I done enough and it's stressing me out I'm on day 15 without a drink now it's not easy and been doing the lemon thing and milk thistle for a while now even when drinking.. My anxiety over this is sky high so I'm hoping that I will be ok.. Every website says different can only pray now.. This is the longest I been without a drink for 2 years x
Old 08-26-2014, 10:41 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Only thing you can control is not drinking the next 10 days. Hang
In there!!!
Old 06-10-2016, 06:44 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

You should be good, the CDT test usually will flag if you have had 4 or more drinks in one setting, up to 2 weeks back. It is designed to flag heavy drinking.