Notices

Twas the night before school

Old 08-25-2014, 11:00 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Great job Hearts!

Definitely easier in the mornings, that's for sure! I even found we had extra time on our hands this morning before walking out the door to drive the kids to school; 6 minutes but that's huge for us...

Awesome job!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:17 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MelindaFlowers View Post
Think of how great it will feel to go through the morning routine without a hangover! You are reminding me tonight of why I don't want to drink and I thank you for that. I can relate to the sleeping in til the last possible minute. Even my morning driving would be kind of erratic because I was.....

a)ridden with anxiety
b)accelerated heart rate
c) sweaty
d)splitting headache
e)LATE of course but only late enough to where a handful of redl lights would decide my fate of being JUST on time or late
f)chugging water if I remembered my 2 L water bottle
g)angry at the word
h)wondering how I would possibly get through the day
i)sense of impending doom
j)on really rough mornings, I could still taste the squirt or whatever mixer I used when I would hiccup. YUCK!!!!

Mornings with a hangover are quite possibly the worst, most terrible, horrible, dreadful, nasty, disgusting thing in the world. And that's only the first hour!

Thank you, thank you for this reminder of why I am not going to drink tonight.
The morning was great, Melinda. I mean there was still the typical kid annoyances of piddling around, but I handled it all in stride. No yelling, no brushing them off, no feeling like my kids were a hindrance. We had a nice morning and even laughed together. What a concept!

And thanks to you as well for reminding me of e, i & j - especially j. Yuck is right! Adding those to my arsenal of responses back to my AV next time it comes slinking around.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:19 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Marcher13 View Post
HeartsAfire I think that's an awesome achievement for ten days in! Good for you. You deserve a reward and, as you said, that AV is not about reward. Since you aren't spending money on booze anymore what about buying yourself a bunch of flowers?
Funny you should mention that, Marcher. I'm all alone this weekend (typically a MAJOR trigger for me) and I've already got a list going of places I want to go and things I'm going to treat myself to. Adding flowers to the list!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:22 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
Oh no you don't want to drink! I was woken up last night by this earthquake - couldn't get back to sleep. It reminded me of when I drank, I almost always woke up around 3-4am unable to fall asleep. Then I would and have to wake in an hour or two. I hated it! and I was such a witch!

Today I wanted to just sort through my son's clothes but as my husband gets mad when he sees me here - I have extra time on my hands and I went through everything! I've been saying I was going to do this for years! Well, I finally did and was surprised how many things he had, like clothes that didn't fit and toys he hadn't played with for years. I also finally cleared out his bathroom drawers for him. It became his room 6.5 years ago, It was a guest room and the bathroom was full of stuff that didn't belong there. It's his own private bathroom.

I want to get through my older daughters room tomorrow. My kids are all back at school on Tuesday.

Guess with my SR semi-banishment I will get my house clean and tidy.

I will also start up with the gym and yoga once the kids are occupied.

Good job with your new life!
Started doing some of those things myself, SJ. I even wiped down the inside of the refrigerator the other night. It was absolutely disgusting - I was embarrassed at how bad it was. I feel such a sense of accomplishment doing these "menial" tasks around the house. One more point for sobriety!
Old 08-25-2014, 04:25 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SuperMega View Post
Thank you for posting. Your words really hit home for me. I was gradually becoming a worse and worse alcoholic through my childrens grade school years. It wasn't until my son was in 5th grade that I was really present and sober. I feel extreme guilt as I just can't remember anything.
Congrats on pulling yourself together. =) This morning I am happy to be 14 days sober and everyone is prepared for school today.
Congrats on 2 weeks, Super!! So proud of you!

The guilt is unbearable of the things I missed if I let it be. I can't go there though. I just have to think of the gift I'm giving my kids today - a sober, present mom.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:26 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberjuly View Post
That just made me choke up...

Same here. Thanks, Charlee.