Notices

Girlfriend in rehab almost 6 months

Old 08-24-2014, 07:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Girlfriend in rehab almost 6 months

My girlfriend has been in rehab almost for 6 months she's almost out it's been almost 3 months I have not talk to her The last time I talk to her was almost 60 days ago no it's been 80 days ago at the beginning everything was great she went to rehab she called me every day and after three months of her being clean she wrote me a letter saying how much she's really loved me then two days after she wrote me another letter saying that she did not want anything to do with me anymore that she wanted to break up to respect her choice I was very shocked and heartbroken I day after I received that letter she calls me and tells me that they made her write the letter that she loves me very much and that they told her not to talk to me anymore she told me whatever happens please wait for me please at the beginning her parents did not want to thing to do with her because she got bad on drugs and they don't like me because I'm 10 years older than her we have been together for almost 3 years The last year she started it with me she really never got along with her mom and dad because I guess she was doing drugs and I didn't know till the last year she hid it pretty well until I caught her she was doing a lot of Roxie codon pills all her dealers I went and almost got shot three times because I will go into their house and beat the hell out of them yeah I'm known as Mr. attitude I will give my shirt off my back to help anybody but I had her from doing 20 pills a day down to one I don't drink I don't do drugs I don't smoke hi wrote her a couple letters I never got a response back i've been to a couple of AA meetings and naranon but there were so negative some people were nice some people helpful but most of them were negative told me to cut ties and just move on but I can't I love her she went to rehab because I begged her i'm so proud of her for doing it but now I am so depressed so lonely I miss her so much I paid almost $60,000 for her six months of rehab and I think it's not fair for me to be put out of the subject i'm the one I got her in there I'm the one that paid I don't understand sometimes I feel like driving 25 miles where she's at and give the therapist peas on my mind but I guess I'm just going crazy cause I haven't heard from her for almost 90 days it took a lot of guts for her to go in she said she did it because of me so I could be happy so I can have a new her she told me please wait for me no matter what she's going to get out this week and I am afraid i'm afraid to get rejected i'm afraid she's not going to look for me if that's the case I just want to know that simple my mind is going crazy can anybody give me any advice
Old 08-24-2014, 08:47 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Have you sought any help for yourself at all? Sounds like there's a possibility you won't be together when she gets out so you need to be ready for that possibilty. She also may not be ready for a relationship of any kind at this point in her sobriety.
Old 08-24-2014, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Almost 6 months

My friend when a person goes to rehab they go through a lot of different changes. Changes that if you haven't personally gone through its hard to explain or give examples. I am really not sure what the future holds for u and her, but I will say take it day by day. And expect the worse but hope for the best. Be strong! You never know what the ups and downs of addiction will bring to you.
Old 08-24-2014, 10:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you I'm going to wait but like you said hope for the worst and see what happends
Old 08-24-2014, 10:17 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Have you asked if you are able to get counceling at the rehab place. Or talk to an addiction councelor? I found they were very informative and even though cant give what they talk about, just knowing it is normal what they are going through made it easier to deal with
Old 08-25-2014, 12:43 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Do your best

I keep reading this post and changing my mind

Here goes if she said wait for her then wait for her
Old 08-25-2014, 03:12 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I would give her a chance but take baby steps xx
Old 08-25-2014, 09:32 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Take it as it comes, but be prepared for her to be different, recovery will through up many different thoughts and emotions, and it's going to take time!!

Hang in there!!
Old 11-30-2014, 04:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

girl

my girlfriend is in rehab too, shes been in for a month an a half, I was in jail for violating a ankle bracelet from a arguenemt with her back in dec..13 in oct 2014 I had another problem while trying to stand up for my girlfriend, with got the police called on me and I ended up getting arrested.. and the arrest caused a violation on my ankle bracelet.. lol yeagh I know.. Now while im in jail, my girlfriend goes to rehab and sends msgs that she loves me and stuff.. for the first few weeks.. no my court date for the ankle bracelet comes.. and all of a suddon the lawer tells me shes in court .. with a social worker, witch she got the court summons while in rehab .. so they drove her.. so I get out on a bad plea deal, not knowing what I took.. guilty.. on two charges on a felony.. and to stay away from my girl for 3 years... with I can not doo at all... we have been together for just about 5 years.. and have a 1.5 year old son.. I really feel like the rehab is forcing her to do things.. even if she don't feel its right.. any help getting her back.. thanks..