Notices

Hi

Old 08-24-2014, 11:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi

Hi,

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to this great forum.

After years and years of heavy daily binge drinking which has cost me friends, self respect, money and a husband I have finally decided enough is enough!

My final straw has been building up but I'm starting to find coping ever day with hangovers are killing me. I'm late for work regularly, when I'm there I can't think straight, my memory is terrible and just trying to string a sentence together is hard work. This has to stop!

My soon to be exhusband had always hated me drinking and finally did the dirty and left me for another woman. I've now been in my new relationship for almost two years. He has never mentioned my drinking habits but I can hear in his voice that it's starting to take it's toll now. Just that fed up sound that I only ever hear when I've been drinking.

I've just turned 36, I don't have children but would love to be a mother and have a normal life. I feel like I've given everything to my addiction but have nothing left.

Hopefully I'm still young enough to turn this around and start making a future without wine!

I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and feeling great. Had the best nights sleep I have had in weeks or even maybe months!

Thank you for reading my post and good luck to you all
Old 08-24-2014, 12:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum Belle!!

You can definitely turn this around and write a new chapter to your life!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR, it's great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-24-2014, 12:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

HI.

“I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and feeling great. Had the best nights sleep I have had in weeks or even maybe months!”

Life will get better each day we stay sober and join on the path to recovery. It’s work but the benefits of being comfortable in our own skin is well worth any efforts we put in. Reading posts here and joining a recovery group where people understand is a beneficial aid.

BE WELL
Old 08-24-2014, 12:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Belle, I suppose you're finding that alcoholism is a progressive disease. It continues to get worse and take a toll on us unless we stop. And, good for you for 3 days sober. I hope you continue to read and post.
Old 08-24-2014, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hello Belle. We're glad you're here!
Old 08-25-2014, 12:07 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Welcome, Belle124. Congrats on 3 days sober! SR is a wonderful place for support and advice. Glad you've joined us.
Old 08-25-2014, 03:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

You are young enough to turn it around. I wish I'd done it at your age xxx
Old 08-25-2014, 03:24 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I'm 40 years old.
I have a 4 year old.
I gave up drinking for good 2 years ago.
I always wanted a child.
I never, ever thought it would happen.
My work suffered, my life revolved around drink, I didn't see the point of anything.
I was so unhappy.
Drinking and babies don't mix well at all.
My relationship did not survive.
However, becoming a mum was without a doubt the best thing that ever happened to me. Its a gift I cherish everyday.

I never want my old life back.

If I can do it, you can.

Wishing you the best xx
Old 08-25-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Thank you all for you kind support. :-)

Day 4 is here now, I'm feeling a bit unwell today with an upset stomach and sickness - I don't know if it's related to giving up alcohol or just a stomach bug but I defo don't want to drink!

I'm going to the movies and dinner today, which has always involved drinking for me and I was worried about the temptation but I'm feeling so ill there's no chance of me drinking lol it's almost as if my body is now rejecting the idea of alcohol for me!

Keep strong all x
Old 08-25-2014, 03:34 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for reply Sasha4 your story has given me so much hope for a better life. Well done and congratulations for your success x
Old 08-25-2014, 03:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Kaleidoscope eyes

I hope you feel better later. Have a lovely day x
Old 08-25-2014, 07:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Belle124 View Post
Hi,

I just wanted to say Hi and introduce myself to this great forum.

After years and years of heavy daily binge drinking which has cost me friends, self respect, money and a husband I have finally decided enough is enough!

My final straw has been building up but I'm starting to find coping ever day with hangovers are killing me. I'm late for work regularly, when I'm there I can't think straight, my memory is terrible and just trying to string a sentence together is hard work. This has to stop!

My soon to be exhusband had always hated me drinking and finally did the dirty and left me for another woman. I've now been in my new relationship for almost two years. He has never mentioned my drinking habits but I can hear in his voice that it's starting to take it's toll now. Just that fed up sound that I only ever hear when I've been drinking.

I've just turned 36, I don't have children but would love to be a mother and have a normal life. I feel like I've given everything to my addiction but have nothing left.

Hopefully I'm still young enough to turn this around and start making a future without wine!

I'm on day 3 of no alcohol and feeling great. Had the best nights sleep I have had in weeks or even maybe months!

Thank you for reading my post and good luck to you all
Hi Belle124,

Well done on 3 days sober - that's amazing. The support here is great so hang in there.

I was in the exact same place as you were - didnt know my ar$e from my elbow in work, struggling with even the smallest things. I'm now 2 months sober (one day at a time) and life has improved incredibly. Its not easy but if you want peace and to see the cracks of what could actually be happiness again in a what seems like hopeless existence stay here, attend AA, go to counselling or do anything that feels comfortable to you. So many resources are available.

I wish you well.

Leigh x
Old 08-25-2014, 07:42 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Welcome, Belle124. I can relate to much of what you have experienced. Spouse? Lost that. Self-respect? Gone. Friends? Nada.

There is good news, though. Since getting sober one year ago, I feel better about myself. I have better, non-drinking friends. And, believe it or not, I just got engaged.

So, it does get better.

Good luck. I am glad you are here with us.
Old 08-25-2014, 08:50 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Do your best

Belle just been reading through this thread on this site there is a ton of information that is so useful to us all

Wishing you all the best and look forward to reading more posts !!

Well done !