SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Almost 1 month again (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/342891-almost-1-month-again.html)

MyTime86 08-23-2014 05:30 PM

Almost 1 month again

On day 27 an haven't been itching to drink at all really, which is nice. Went zip lining today for the first time it was a awesome but now we're headed to a friends house to celebrate his birthday. Which will include them getting hammered. I know I'm not going to drink but just bums me out because I feel so unhappy. Stinks that it takes so long to change an start feeling better about your self.. I'm single so it's just sucks being alone through this and hoping that what I'm attempting is actually going to make me happy in the long run. Thanks for listening

PurpleKnight 08-23-2014 05:34 PM

It's gonna take time, years of drinking can't simply be unlearned or adjusted to in a month, but you'll get there and with it will come a new life, a new excitement within Sobriety!!

Hang in there!! :)

MyTime86 08-23-2014 05:37 PM

Thank you, yea I'm feeling good about staying sober, just got to fight to get to the silver lining I guess

least 08-23-2014 05:39 PM

Congrats on nearly reaching the first of many sober months. :) It will get better. :hug:

Soberwolf 08-23-2014 05:48 PM

I have ever only got to a month sober once and it is now this is my first major attempt at long term sobriety by going from 24h to a week to a month I knew I was on to something them little days started to take up space I had to add an extra zero in my daily 24 count them little days are over the 400 mark now and I'm not even sure how many days today is I count that as a blessing as in the beginning I was scratching off days like an advent calendar but I know never to get complacent

Well done x a million

VikingGF 08-23-2014 05:49 PM

Good for you, Mytime! It is hard to be single at times, but there is no guarantee being in a relationship would be easier or supportive. So many posts here about spouses/partners who sabotage and won't limit their use when asked to be an ally. Better you have us! Congrats on your 27 days!

Sinderos 08-23-2014 06:04 PM

Congrats on one month! I'm single too so I can understand those feelings. I'm sure my mom and sister know I have a drinking problem, but I've only lived here 3 months so no one else does. I'm definitely not going to tell them so I feel like I'm going through this sort of alone. I do have 2 people who live in different towns close by that know. They're sort of there for me. Weird situations. Whole different story.

Anyway, I'm very happy for you and hope you end up having a blast!! While staying sober. ;)

bunnezjp 08-23-2014 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by MyTime86 (Post 4856772)
On day 27 an haven't been itching to drink at all really, which is nice. Went zip lining today for the first time it was a awesome but now we're headed to a friends house to celebrate his birthday. Which will include them getting hammered. I know I'm not going to drink but just bums me out because I feel so unhappy. Stinks that it takes so long to change an start feeling better about your self.. I'm single so it's just sucks being alone through this and hoping that what I'm attempting is actually going to make me happy in the long run. Thanks for listening

I wanna go zip lining......

I'm single, too. Personally, the first time I attempted sobriety while in a relationship didn't go so well...and he wasn't even a drinker (at least around me). However, he was very enabling, and codependent. Not the support I needed.

Being sober is alot easier for me this time, and Sobriety being a very selfish gift to myself, I don't necessarily need anything serious concerning relationships right now. When its meant to be then it'll happen. Just my $0.02 :ham3

Bunnez