Notices

Memory loss and headaches

Old 08-23-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Memory loss and headaches

Hi all,

After drinking every day for ten years, and a resent experience of binge drinking and, increased tolerance and hallucinations, I decided its time to quit. It has already been 23 days. I was truly fearful abut my decision, the un expected and to be frank, it has been a ride of emotions, including anxieties, mood swings headaches, feeling of hopelessness, night sweets, nightmares insomnia and headaches. I have found reenforcement of my sobriety on forums such as this and now I am glad to have joined a place where others like me can relate. It appears as though as the cravings decrease, the headaches and lucid dreaming are continuously on the rise. When before I did not get headaches at all, now I am getting them everyday accompanied with a slight memory loss and fatigue. I know it's to soon to be expecting zero side effects from the lack of alcohol, but did anyone here go or is experiencing this?
Old 08-23-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hi and Welcome,

Congratulations on 23 days sober. I did not get headaches after the first few days, but it would be a good idea to talk to your dr.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:10 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum!!

Your body can't repair years of drinking in a matter of weeks, it's gonna take time!!

On the headache/fatigue front, I discovered a drop in blood sugar mid afternoon is something I needed to sort out with a sugar fix, taking away alcohol took a lot of sugar out of my diet which my body was also dealing with!!

However checking in with a Dr is always a good idea just to be sure!!
Old 08-24-2014, 03:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I would for sure see your Dr. But I had headaches so bad I thought my head was going to explode!!
Old 08-24-2014, 04:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I have been sober for a week and I am having horrible headaches and fatigue. From what I understand, when we drink, we suppress the part of the brain that controls dreaming. When we quit, it kicks into high gear. From what I have read, it can take a few months for these things to subside.

Hang in there and congratulations on 23 days!
Old 08-24-2014, 06:33 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I had headaches when I drank and for a few months after I quit. I grind my teeth at night and clench my teeth when I'm stressed which produces crippling headaches. I went to the Dr and had a check up and it was fine. The lucid dreams stopped eventually. It gets better the longer you stay off the sauce