Notices

Never wanna forget

Old 08-23-2014, 11:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
KAD
Left the bottle behind 4/16/2015

Never wanna forget

This morning, as I was out and about, I stopped for gas. For the first time in ages, I decided to pay in cash. While I waited in line at the counter, I caught sight of this huge, refrigerated display in front of the counter, packed full of ice cold 24 oz beers, on sale no less! Instantly, I remembered the days when I would have grabbed 2 or 3 of them. But the desire just isn't there now. I remember all too well just how bad things got last time. The thought of drinking crosses my mind now and then but I have not forgotten the madness and terror, actually, of my last bender. I never wanna forget that, ever.
Old 08-23-2014, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Did you see the big skull and cross
bones with the word POISON plastered
across the door?
Old 08-23-2014, 11:33 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Nice going GMO!!! I know what you mean... I have a liquor store & a Supermarket right next door to me!!! I look at the bottles when I have to pick some things up & I'm happy to say, no temptation. Nice feeling..
Old 08-23-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Nice one!!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Great job! Sounds like a very healthy recovery!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The correct term for alcohol is 'ethanol' - yup the same stuff they put in your gas tank. Its also used as a industrial solvent to break down other toxic substances that cannot be dissolved using water.

Here are some bad things about alcohol even normal usage reveals:

1. You'll put on weight. Alcohol is stuffed with calories: a pint of beer or cider is about 230 calories; an alcopop is around 200; a single (25ml) of spirits is 50kcal; a large glass of red or white wine (250ml) is 160kcal.
2. It can give you bad skin.
3. It can make you depressed.
4.You're more likely to have unprotected sex and contract a sexually transmitted infection (STI) when you’re drunk. They don’t call them ‘beer goggles’ for nothing.
5. You could fall off things, or get run over.
6. If you’ve passed out from drink or drugs, it’s easier for someone to rob, attack or sexually assault you.
7. You're at risk of having your drink spiked with ‘date rape’ drugs. Don’t accept drinks from strangers, and don’t leave your drink unattended (take it with you to the loo or the dancefloor). If your drink has been moved, looks topped up or tastes strange, don’t risk it: get another one.
8. You could get get a DUI and pay big fines if caught while driving after just a few drinks

Even if you are not an abuser or alcoholic it makes sense not to use it.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:18 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sometimes when I walk through the grocery store past the wine aisle I shiver a bit. I am at the point where when I drink... it's straight from the bottle most of the time. It's absolutely disgusting and my body is physically revolted by the thought of it when sober.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:23 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

It's healthy to move on but never forget what can happen, too forget is to let your guard down and the AV takes over, been there done that and never again.

Well done on being strong minded.