Notices

2nd Day

Old 08-23-2014, 10:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

2nd Day

I didn't sleep well last night. Tossed & turned and sweated pretty bad. I expected it but it makes for a rough day. Thankfully it's Saturday.

I decided to go to work for a few hours. Now I'm running some errands before heading home to so some cleaning. I'll be honest when I say I have had the urge to give in, but I'm not going to. When I get home I'm pouring out the tonic water that I used to mix the vodka in. I don't want that there either.

Anyway, I'm staying strong today so I'll be one day closer to being done with withdrawals and one day closer to feeling good physically & mentally.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Sobriety is Traditional

Congratulations, Sinderos!

I find it helpful to have a non-alcoholic beverage in my hand almost all the time when I am not at work. I drink seltzer with a bit of lime--maybe don't be too quick about pouring out that tonic? Perhaps some others will chime in with a different opinion--that's my two cents.

Also, it's important to hydrate well in early recovery.

Last edited by Coldfusion; 08-23-2014 at 10:21 AM. Reason: added
Old 08-23-2014, 10:19 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Stay strong. We can do this.
Old 08-23-2014, 10:33 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Great stuff!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-23-2014, 11:44 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Coldfusion View Post
Congratulations, Sinderos! I find it helpful to have a non-alcoholic beverage in my hand almost all the time when I am not at work. I drink seltzer with a bit of lime--maybe don't be too quick about pouring out that tonic? Perhaps some others will chime in with a different opinion--that's my two cents. Also, it's important to hydrate well in early recovery.
I keep a drink in hand at all times. Tea is my favorite non alcoholic drink. The tonic water in the house makes it too easy to swing by for a bottle of vodka. With it gone I would have to make 2 stops. lol that's my thinking anyway. Seems to help.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Great job, I try to take positives from situations if and when possible and my thoughts on withdrawal as horrible as it is makes me think, if it was all plain sailing and problem free then relapse would be more of an option, so feeling bad is enough too make me think I never want to go through this situation ever again.

Life is so much simpler when you don't see it through the bottom of a glass.