Notices

Day 7!! Spent night of day 6 in bars!

Old 08-23-2014, 12:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool Day 7!! Spent night of day 6 in bars!

Its so easy and fun to go out without drinking! I have all the energy! It only got hard when the dj's where slow, but that just mean they were the party poopers not me Can't wait til rest of day 7 tmrw!
Old 08-23-2014, 12:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Magsie

Hi Charles, I'm glad you found it easy not drinking around a lot of drinkers, for me I stayed away from bars for a good few months. Well done.
Old 08-23-2014, 12:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i actually felt more in the mood for dancing then i ever did drunk, i have to stay like this!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I'm in awe, ive been asked to goto the pub tonight & quite honestly, im afraid!

Well done for saying no & still enjoying your evening.
That must be a buzz in its self.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I never want to dance in public, drinking or sober. Good for you to be able to. I havent been to a bar in I don't know how long.
Old 08-23-2014, 03:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CharlesG View Post

Day 7!! Spent night of day 6 in bars!
not what most in early Recovery do
but
time will tell if that works out for you
M-Bob
Old 08-23-2014, 03:20 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
~sb

keep that resolve not to drink and keep enjoying life!
Old 08-23-2014, 03:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Great job! I was not able to go into such situation so early on but in my longest lengths of sobriety I did learn that I REALLY enjoy going out sober. It's so nice to be able to have a great time with no ill consequences of alcohol afterward. Not to mention I am more fun sober! I also don't make a fool of myself or say anything stupid or regretful.
Congrats on your sobriety, keep it up. Just don't let yourself get too brazen... I have fallen victim to that before... I thought I was cool and reformed and could handle alcohol just like everyone else. Sadly that train of thought led me down into addictive drinking, binges, sickness, etc. Stay strong!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:04 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

Sounds like Russian roulette to me, something we seem to be drawn to, but if you can pull it off, more power to you. If you find you can't, like many before you, stop playing.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good job! I've been to a concert and street fair, luckily made it through unscathed. Not ready for bar/club scene yet.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:27 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Do your best

I went into a bar early on I met my dad (also alcoholic but scared to admit it) we played pool I had a soda water with a wedge of lime as my dad got sober once and was drinking this last year for 6 months and I was trying to show him he can do it again without saying it

Saying that I'm barred from most of the local pubs and it has nothing to offer

I still love to dance tho
Old 08-23-2014, 05:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Great job. My suggestion would be just be careful. Putting ourselves back in a situation that increases the odds of drinking is risky early on.

Some can do it time and time again, others will eventually break down and give in since that's those places are meant for. Too easy to pick up when its all around you...

I'm at day 48 today and still find it tempting to even go to lunch at a restaurant. I n the old days I would start drinking there and keep going throughout the rest of the day and night.

If you find your sober walls breaking down, go back to your origional plan.

Best of luck
Old 08-23-2014, 06:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Keep pushing through Charles!!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:53 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

There's an adage that's shared from time to time here on SR, and for good reason:

"Spend enough time in a barber shop and sooner or later you'll get a haircut."

You will make your own decisions, Charles. But hanging out in a bar this early in sobriety? I'd exercise extreme caution. This may be a good time to start exploring alternate ways of spending time, ones in which alcohol is not a centerpiece of activity.
Old 08-23-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SuperMega View Post
Great job! I was not able to go into such situation so early on but in my longest lengths of sobriety I did learn that I REALLY enjoy going out sober. It's so nice to be able to have a great time with no ill consequences of alcohol afterward. Not to mention I am more fun sober! I also don't make a fool of myself or say anything stupid or regretful.
Congrats on your sobriety, keep it up. Just don't let yourself get too brazen... I have fallen victim to that before... I thought I was cool and reformed and could handle alcohol just like everyone else. Sadly that train of thought led me down into addictive drinking, binges, sickness, etc. Stay strong!
i only counted it as studying for my next studio adventures, of what makes ppl move, def wont make this a habit, and i very much enjoyed myself way more than i would have!!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:42 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberwolf View Post
I went into a bar early on I met my dad (also alcoholic but scared to admit it) we played pool I had a soda water with a wedge of lime as my dad got sober once and was drinking this last year for 6 months and I was trying to show him he can do it again without saying it

Saying that I'm barred from most of the local pubs and it has nothing to offer

I still love to dance tho
yepp i drank water and had fun!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:44 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

it also helped that i didnt have money for drinks, gave the friend i came with my money so he could buy his drinks, really appreciate the insight!
Old 08-23-2014, 08:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Location: "I'm not lost for I know where I am. But however, where I am may be lost ..."
Places or situations never made me drink. I love live music and I love to dance also, and usually I find music and dancing in venues that serve alcohol. If you quit drinking and redefine yourself as a non drinker, then it doesn't matter where you go.

I've never bought into the concept of "slippery places". I can walk to the 7-11 and buy alcohol at any time. I have access to alcohol 24/7, 365 days a year. I don't buy it because I don't drink.

Glad you had fun! Life is too short not to dance!
Old 08-23-2014, 09:05 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
A Day at a Time

The problem for me is I still don't know I will feel strong and when I won't. I avoid drinking situations whenever possible
Old 08-23-2014, 09:13 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by soberlicious View Post
Places or situations never made me drink. I love live music and I love to dance also, and usually I find music and dancing in venues that serve alcohol. If you quit drinking and redefine yourself as a non drinker, then it doesn't matter where you go.

I've never bought into the concept of "slippery places". I can walk to the 7-11 and buy alcohol at any time. I have access to alcohol 24/7, 365 days a year. I don't buy it because I don't drink.

Glad you had fun! Life is too short not to dance!
thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!