Notices

Boyfriend in recovery

Old 08-22-2014, 11:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Boyfriend in recovery

Hi, my boyfriend is in recovery for alcoholism. He go this 60 day pin on Monday. I have tried to be very supportive of him but the last few weeks he has been distancing himself from me. He says he is doing it to everyone. I went to an Al anon meeting this week and plan to continue them. We used to talk multiple times a day, and spend every weekend together. I have not seen him in over 3 weeks and haven't talked to him in a few days. He doesn't respond to me when I try to contact him. He says he needs his time to get his life together. I totally understand that but when I ask how his dads surgery went, shouldn't I at least get some sort of response? I just need some advice.
Old 08-23-2014, 05:55 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey confusedgf1, welcome to the Forum!!

You are definitely doing the right thing by getting support for yourself, Al-anon is great for that, also here on SR you'll find loads of support, we also have a friends and family section too which is worth checking out!!

Recovery and addiction can be chaotic, your boyfriend will be experiencing emotions and feelings he's maybe not felt before, it's a long process and giving it time is the only thing you can do!!

Looking in on someone's addiction unfortunately can be very lonely and frustrating, which is why support for you is important!!
Old 08-23-2014, 04:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thank you Purpleknight
Old 08-23-2014, 05:06 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

Yes, please take care of yourself and Alanon could be helpful for you.

Early recovery involves a lot of change and it's a process that takes a great deal of energy.