Notices

Intense!!

Old 08-22-2014, 03:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intense!!

Wow talk about intense cravings this evening! Lasted about 3 whole hours, I reaaaaaaaaaaaaally nearly grabbed a drink but I didn't cave!

Thank you for supporting me I appreciate it so much!

Im just utterly exhausted right now!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there Chilled!! Keep it going!!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Get to your bed and enjoy a good nights sleep. Good job on tonight
Old 08-22-2014, 03:29 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Well done for remaining strong, it's real hard early on but you will get there soon enough.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:39 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You said you nearly grabbed a drink due to
intense cravings. How close was that drink
you almost grabbed? In the refrigerator, a
trip to the store? Cabinet? Just wondering.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:49 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I feel the same way as I am early in my sobriety. Glad you didn't cave in and I am in for another 24 sober here.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:53 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by aasharon90 View Post
You said you nearly grabbed a drink due to
intense cravings. How close was that drink
you almost grabbed? In the refrigerator, a
trip to the store? Cabinet? Just wondering.
Living at home at the moment, mothers wine in the fridge! No she doesn't have a drink problem but she does like a tipple now and then.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

That's kind of a tough situation, Chilledice. I realize it's her house and she has a right to keep wine if she wants. But does she understand your situation? If it's a big issue to you but a small issue to her, why not at least keep the wine somewhere you don't have to see it? Whites can be stores anywhere cool; she could just chill it briefly before drinking it.

I'm glad you didn't cave but I'm a little bit concerned. If I recall correct you have an appointment for treatment, is that correct? And you did go to the ER for symptoms that worried you. It's awesome that you're stepping up and facing the issue head on. But it feels like nothing else in your home environment has changed. I'm 22 months sober but I don't have to face all my favorite bottles of wine every day. If I was on a strict no-carb diet it would be hard living in a bakery!

I'm curious what kind of plan or method you're using to stay sober. Willpower isn't a great approach, you don't want to just have to resist temptation. There has to be some good alternative for you.

Please don't misunderstand me, Chilledice- I think you're doing great so far. I just hope you're setting yourself up to succeed. Can you talk to your mom about how difficult it is to resist drinking when you see her wine every time you open the fridge?
Old 08-22-2014, 10:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Keep going China!
You can do it.
Like some of the other posters have said - you need to get some other plans in place. Willpower is a cornerstone of the process but you need other things to occupy your time and thoughts?
Proud of your achievement!
All the best,
Bruce.
Old 08-22-2014, 11:19 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Been there, they can be tough to ride out, but they do pass. I found that my cravings decreased dramatically after about 2-3 weeks of sobriety. Fortunately, they usually only occurred in the late evening, and not everyday during that period. But when the urges came, they were strong.

Focusing on TV or eating helped me a lot during that period. And AVRT was a big factor in helping me keep the urges at bay.
Old 08-23-2014, 02:10 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by MythOfSisyphus View Post
That's kind of a tough situation, Chilledice. I realize it's her house and she has a right to keep wine if she wants. But does she understand your situation? If it's a big issue to you but a small issue to her, why not at least keep the wine somewhere you don't have to see it? Whites can be stores anywhere cool; she could just chill it briefly before drinking it.

I'm glad you didn't cave but I'm a little bit concerned. If I recall correct you have an appointment for treatment, is that correct? And you did go to the ER for symptoms that worried you. It's awesome that you're stepping up and facing the issue head on. But it feels like nothing else in your home environment has changed. I'm 22 months sober but I don't have to face all my favorite bottles of wine every day. If I was on a strict no-carb diet it would be hard living in a bakery!

I'm curious what kind of plan or method you're using to stay sober. Willpower isn't a great approach, you don't want to just have to resist temptation. There has to be some good alternative for you.

Please don't misunderstand me, Chilledice- I think you're doing great so far. I just hope you're setting yourself up to succeed. Can you talk to your mom about how difficult it is to resist drinking when you see her wine every time you open the fridge?
She has been going through a rough time lately so I didn't wanna bother her about the wine but I am sure if I raise the issue with her then she would have no problem putting the wine where I cant see it she does support me but I just didn't wanna bother her about it that's all.

In all honesty I don't have a plan! I know this sounds silly but I don't know how to make a plan up! I don't know where to start?

Yeah I have an appointment not this Monday but next Monday with my Dr, hopefully my enzymes would have come down a bit by then! Ltes hope pray and see
Old 08-23-2014, 02:11 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BruceSA View Post
Keep going China!
You can do it.
Like some of the other posters have said - you need to get some other plans in place. Willpower is a cornerstone of the process but you need other things to occupy your time and thoughts?
Proud of your achievement!
All the best,
Bruce.

Thanks China

Its tough work but im doing it!

I watch tv and do some cooking and SMALL exercise but that's all I have energy for right now, feel like sleeping most of the time!
Old 08-23-2014, 02:16 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
☀️⛳️

Well Done Chilled, You are doing it, very proud of you for having the courage and mental strength to get this job done.
Be strong and post whenever you have any cravings or urges, it helps tremendously in my experience.

Have a great weekend guys N Gals
Old 08-23-2014, 04:14 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Recovered from Hopeless State

I love your byline Stoogy, it is sooooooo true! Eventually, it dissolves flesh and bone too.
Old 08-23-2014, 04:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Glad you fought it, you're stronger than you know!
Old 08-23-2014, 07:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Proud of you! Keep going. xoox
Old 08-23-2014, 10:29 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Chilledice View Post
She has been going through a rough time lately so I didn't wanna bother her about the wine but I am sure if I raise the issue with her then she would have no problem putting the wine where I cant see it she does support me but I just didn't wanna bother her about it that's all.

In all honesty I don't have a plan! I know this sounds silly but I don't know how to make a plan up! I don't know where to start?

Yeah I have an appointment not this Monday but next Monday with my Dr, hopefully my enzymes would have come down a bit by then! Ltes hope pray and see
If you haven't checked it out already you should at least look at AVRT. My "plan" is that I will never drink again and never change my mind. It really "flipped a switch" for me when I learned to recognize the Beast Voice as being distinct from "my" voice. Now I don't have to resist temptation so much as just ignore it.

It does sound like you're making progress. Just remember one is too many and a million will never be enough. It's a lot easier not picking up the first one than setting down the third one.