Notices

Looking to stop drinking

Old 08-22-2014, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Looking to stop drinking

So I've been heavy weekend drinker atleast a Friday or Saturday since I was 21. Go out get f'd up. But the last yea upped the anti just depressed and stuff and pretty much drank a bottle 750 ml every day or every two days. Maybe I'd take a break for a couple days or I would cause I just felt like **** or my throat was irritated. Anyways kinda like F that I've been a slob and trying to pick myself back up. So no drinks for 4 days so far does anyone have phlegm? It's like I'm coughing more or something I dunno what the deal is. Sad but 4 days sober longest I've been in a long time.

Then like a month ago I was eating some chips cut the roof of my mouth then couple days later had dead skin pulled away then t turned into a nice canker sore that didn't heal for like 3 weeks and then all of a sudden Monday it's back. So probably anxiety from not having a drink but next thing you know you're on web MD and they're throwing out the C word (cancer). I'm sure just the alcohol diminishes your body's ability to heal properly.

So mad I because such a piece of **** drinking at home all the time. It's like I'm bored oh I know I'll just get bottle and watch tv. Ridiculous. I think I'm going to be more active on this site. I've had times I've wanted to go sober for a while min the past but always give into the "boredom" like it was something to do hard to explain. I just wanna get back to where I can enjoy ahit without drinking or putting it into my routine just because. I don't think a drink here and there is an issue, but when you're doing with majority of the things you do and considering I stopped hanging out with people over chilling at home. It's like why go out I'll just stay here and atleast drinking won't make it seem so sas
Old 08-22-2014, 02:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome to the Forum korwinn!!

My drinking finally escalated to drinking on my own too, and so getting Sober threw up some challenges, that "boredom" was there amongst all those hours I now had on my hands, I therefore needed to start doing something with my life, fill that time with new activities!!

Your body is going to take time to adjust, the body can't heal years of drinking in a matter of days, it's going to take time, so hang in there, if there is anything your concerned about though it should always be checked by a Dr to be safe!!

You'll find loads of support here on SR!! Great to have you onboard!!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Welcome korwinn! Read around and post as much as you like. There is lots of support here!