Notices

250 days SOBER!

Old 08-22-2014, 09:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

250 days SOBER!

I had lost count if my days and tried to keep my head clear if distractions and focus on my work and my family. I had been drinking for at least 10 years and now I see a lot of my personality flaws were in relation to my alcohol. I was incapable of having steady relationships at all. It was either 100% full throttle or I couldn't stand the person. Almost bi-polar when you think about it. Yesterday I looked at my sobriety calculator and realized it was 250 days since my last drink. It feels like so long ago and I've really changed for the better. I no longer have the excessive worry and constant through about how to fill my days with something other than drinking.

I am so thankful God forgives and my family wasn't destroyed as a result of my actions. Really, I want to encourage others that are thinking about quitting and haven't made the first step. I can tell you that it gets easier but the first step is the hardest because that is your first action to changing for the better. Life isn't really less complicated BUT I am better equipped to deal with the everyday stress of work and my kids etc. The skills that I have learned to keep me sober have enabled me to better tackle stress. Being sober for me was part of a self improvement plan and I'm actually scared to ever go back to that dark place again.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

That is BRILLIANT - well done
Old 08-22-2014, 09:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Congratulations, BoatDaddy. So happy for you. Here's to your next 25,000 days.!!!!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

250 Days is fantastic!!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:21 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

awesomeness!!!! at day 102, love hearing this stuff. Keep on keepin' on!!!