Notices

Loving yourself

Old 08-22-2014, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hating myself, what I had become, what I was doing and where I was at in life caused me to drown in drink and addiction. I still struggle with it, just ask my therapist who was exasperated at me today for the lack of progress.

Thanks, I needed this.
Old 08-22-2014, 03:21 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Trudgin

Originally Posted by jaynie04 View Post
I agree..I think most alcoholics suffer not from too much ego, but from a lack of a true sense of respect for ourselves, and wavering boundaries, both personal and external. Honoring oneself makes sobriety out to be the most important decision any of us can make. I was excellent at respecting, protecting and loving other people, at my own expense. By drawing into myself I was able to redefine who I am and what I deserve. It all started with understanding that I have a right to be happy.
Profound!
Old 08-22-2014, 03:31 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Keeping it simple!

What a great post Hunting! And so very true.
Old 08-22-2014, 05:03 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Well needed post huntingtontx. I know that one day I realized in what felt like an epiphany that we..all of us..are these miraculous little human computers of unlimited potential. We ourselves are somewhat oblivious to the truly mysterious machines we are. I suppose we must somehow detach from our own id in order to realize how abusive we are to the wonder of our own vessel and the systems that lie within. We are the masters of these mystical machines...and well, shame on us for treating ourselves so poorly..

We really must be careful with what we "download".