Notices

motivation

Old 08-22-2014, 06:44 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

motivation

Hi SR! today I need my momentum and motivation to stay with me - getting some long-neglected things done around the,house. 2 new garage doors installed (the cost! yikes). Cleaning out clutter, loads of laundry. etc. I have the time,while not working, and what did I waste the summer doing? Yep, drinking and being unmotivated.

Yet it feels so good to get even the smallest tasks done......so, today, I will keep going and not drink. I can do this!

Hope everyone is doing well today
Old 08-22-2014, 06:52 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I can't even begin to tell you all the things I get done now that I'm sober. Simply not being hungover so often has changed my whole life.
Old 08-22-2014, 07:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks aborkie. It's early days yet, but I want to do this....I was feeling down all week, today I am still blue, but have some energy that I haven't seen too much,of lately.

What a nice thing a clean house can be....like years of therapy
Old 08-22-2014, 08:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

map I feel the same way. I have so much more time and energy to get things done.

Usually I drink once I get home and do the bare minimum. I then crash out on the sofa and crawl into bed late at night. I wake up hung over and do the bare minimum again.I hate myself. I don't want to talk to anyone unless its necessary.

Since I stopped drinking I shower and I brush my teeth before I go to bed. I woke up feeling clear and chirpy.I feel PROUD!! I sing good morning to every one. Even the cat notices my good mood. Lol. And I change my bed and do all sorts of chores before I go to work

Massive difference
Old 08-22-2014, 08:12 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

knb, can't wait to be that far along! and hopefully,with a job, too! I miss work....
Old 08-22-2014, 08:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

way to go mapp. myself? I'm catching up on years of neglect...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:15 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

me too LBrain, me too...
Old 08-22-2014, 08:27 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

only thing is, i run out of steam too soon
Old 08-22-2014, 08:30 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Gl@ss Artist & Cat Lady

I'm right there with you mapp! I love the feeling when I've accomplished things. Even if it's as simple as watering my flowers, or picking up some clutter.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:41 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Its amazing isnt it, all the time we now have. currently its 11:39a.m. .. So far, packaged 3 lunch boxes, 3 different schools. One had to go to allergist before school, go that done, drove him to school. Got there on 1st bell, so he's on time for 9:20. Then shot over to vitamin shoppe (trying new miracle wt loss, I do this every so often, still no miracle, just shut my mouth and move more). Next Kohls for new clothing for daughter. Folded two loads of laundry and are heading out to the elementary school for lunch with my youngests. After I'll hit the gym and be back for the 1st to arrive at 2:25. This is great.
Old 08-22-2014, 08:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

I think that every time you get motivated and do something and feel the accomplishment, it spills over into the rest of your life and gathers strength. It's the way to go to help your recovery.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:02 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Our bodies are not designed to drink large quantities of alcohol, but if you live a healthy lifestyle you can do almost anything. I own a business that involves working outside. As a drunk I could barely do the work. I knew it was killing me. Now that I am sober I am fine with the physical work that I do.
Old 08-22-2014, 09:40 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by knb02 View Post
map I feel the same way. I have so much more time and energy to get things done.

Usually I drink once I get home and do the bare minimum. I then crash out on the sofa and crawl into bed late at night. I wake up hung over and do the bare minimum again.I hate myself. I don't want to talk to anyone unless its necessary.

Since I stopped drinking I shower and I brush my teeth before I go to bed. I woke up feeling clear and chirpy.I feel PROUD!! I sing good morning to every one. Even the cat notices my good mood. Lol. And I change my bed and do all sorts of chores before I go to work

Massive difference
The Shower thing absolutely! I used to STINK! I used to wear shirts so long they were stained with stink. I would just throw them away then go to Wallyworld and buy another 5 pack. Not being sticky and smelling like a steaming pile of crap is so nice.
Old 08-22-2014, 10:08 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Great stuff mapp!! Keep pushing through!!
Old 08-22-2014, 10:10 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Hears The Voice

Originally Posted by mapp View Post
I can do this!
Damn skippy!